Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hope not to fly again any time soon

About to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary... Had to get that in...Woman LOL

Before I was married I had never flown. I was scared.  Our honeymoon was in Florida.  We drove.  Hubby drove speed limit all the way down..... Washington, DC area to Miami.  After that I made sure to fly everywhere.  You can only imagine the time it took obeying every rule in the book and then some.  Surprise the marriage lasted that long.  LOL.

I enjoy flying.  I get to the airport very early.  I check  my bags. I am careful what I wear (bras with wire often set off the scanners).  I take only a small bag aboard  with reading materials, phone, camera, and tablet.  I only fly SouthWest and buy early bird.

So far no one has bothered me, must be the big smile and the silver white hair.  Hubby has pacemaker and even he sails through.  He does get a second look because of his olive skin and dark hair, (only guessing, not complaining) but beyond that no problems.

We will be going to Reno, NV for a big ballroom festival late June.  Our anniversary present to each other.  Then we will fly to Florida to see one of our daughters in December.  I had thought of pre-check but so far we have not needed it and I have no fingerprints so it  might be  a hassle to sign up, not sure.  

Respected Contributor

Friends and I used to travel a LOT.  We now take more road trips or trains - all transportation is from places we can drive.  Won't fly again until the situation is remedied.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We are going to Disney World in the fall with my 4 yr old granddaughter and her family. I am not looking forward to it. Hubby has no patience for waiting in lines at all. He makes me such a nervous wreck when we fly.

@Nataliesgramma

If your husband has no patience for waiting in lines, Disney could be disasterous.

LOL, true, plus, gators eating kids down there now. Ma is probably on cellphone, texting