Respected Contributor

Today is the third day in a row of solid sun in NE Ohio, and it's supposed to continue this way through the weekend, getting into the 60's and 70's!! This is very unusual stuff for us at this time of year.  I can't wait to get outside and take a ride on my bike, etc.  I might add that exactly a week ago we had a Friday night snowfall of 7 inches by Saturday morning!Woman Surprised

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

Re: Hooray for the Sun in Ohio!

I'm in your neck of the woods and I totally agree!  Cooking out tonight and loving this weather.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Here in Indiana it is just BEAUTIFUL!  Good for you getting out to ride your bike and enjoy the weather.  I just don't understand people who sit indoors all winter long and then when the weather gets good, they still sit indoors.  I've been out in the back yard with my dogs the past three days, working, mowing, picking up limbs, reading a book, just anything to be outside.  Story, my greyhound, is taking every opportunity to run as fast as she can in the yard and then lay down and take a good nap in the sun. 

Honored Contributor

Here in Southern New York, it is warm and not a cloud in the sky. The even better news is it will stay that way for at least a week. My birthday is next Wednesday and many times I've had snow on that day, so this is my present from Mother Nature!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I hope that pretty soon the manic weather up there figures out it is supposed to be turning toward summer, and stay that way. We will be heading up to PA in a few weeks and while there we live in a camper, so we need it to at least stay in the 60s. I am kinda getting homesick and thinking of going north.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Here in Indiana it is just BEAUTIFUL!  Good for you getting out to ride your bike and enjoy the weather.  I just don't understand people who sit indoors all winter long and then when the weather gets good, they still sit indoors.  I've been out in the back yard with my dogs the past three days, working, mowing, picking up limbs, reading a book, just anything to be outside.  Story, my greyhound, is taking every opportunity to run as fast as she can in the yard and then lay down and take a good nap in the sun. 

@hoosieroriginal  What I've noticed about those people who complain about hating the cold and being stuck inside is that, when summer finally comes they are still in the house running the A/C because they say it's too hot outside!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in Chicago, and It's gorgeous out.  It's supposed to be in the 70s this weekend.

I'm so anxious to get outside and do some clean up.  I think it's safe now to get a few pansies in my front urns.  We need some color and brightness out there...

Trusted Contributor

I'm from Ohio too.  I'm happy for the nice climate.

Respected Contributor

My next door neighbors spend 6 months in Florida (they have another home there), then come back to Ohio in June because they say it gets too hot in Florida to just stay there all year.  The thing is, they spend the whole summer here inside their condo with the A/C on.  Couldn't they just stay in Florida and do that?  Sure would save a lot of money on having two homes!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

It has been beautiful in northern Kentucky as well!  It feels so good to wear shorts, sandals and tee shirts.  Love the sunshine!!!

Woman Happy