Honored Contributor

Re: Hooray for the Sun in Ohio!

@2blonde wrote:

My next door neighbors spend 6 months in Florida (they have another home there), then come back to Ohio in June because they say it gets too hot in Florida to just stay there all year.  The thing is, they spend the whole summer here inside their condo with the A/C on.  Couldn't they just stay in Florida and do that?  Sure would save a lot of money on having two homes!

I can't answer for anyone else but we don't go north for the weather. We go because we miss Pittsburgh and our friends & family there. We feel we have the best of both worlds this way, summer in the mountains enjoying our friends & family and winters in the tropics enjoying the sun, and spending our time among other retirees. 

Respected Contributor

SWPennsylvania is absolutely picture perfect today. All the neighbors are out in their yards picking up tree limbs, and raking up old leaves that have blew in their yards. Chain saws and riding mowers and push mowers are the music around here today. Wish I had our deck all set up, will work on that project in a few days.

Honored Contributor

Cater, I'm getting homesick,can't wait to see it. Our campground opened for the season today. However,we have to be certain that he weather is going to stay mild before we leave the comforts of Fl.