Trusted Contributor

Re: Home Depot nearly killed me.

Not in the market for a gas dryer yet but when I bought my washer from Home Depot last year I noticed that they do not install gas dryers, they will deliver it and then it is up to you to call your plumber for installation.  

Regular Contributor

Home Depot stinks with their contractors who deliver!

We actually bought a new washer and dryer in the summer.

When they were delivering the dryer, washer was scheduled for another day, the guy told me he couldn't t turn off the gas! WTH, I told him to take it back and cancelled the washer. Got dryer fixed and it s still going!

Honored Contributor

Am so sorry you went through this and glad you are okay! I had something happen when I had HDepot install a new W/D when my mother was moving to another house close-by The guy broke off something on the faucet when connecting it and had not turned off the water supply first. Flooded almost all of her house in just a few minutes before we could find the rod to get it turned off. Thank goodness she wasn’t moved in yet...all that water on original, beautiful hardwood floors. Natural gas is a whole other situation though. The gas company here is required to be present or contacted when a gas appliance is being installed.