Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

@4kitties wrote:

Here in Central Illinois, I see someone pulling down their mask to chat or just breathe, all the time.  I just do not get upset about it.  I can only control myself, not others. 

If I do not feel comfortable or safe in any business, I just leave and do not go back.  

@4kitties When I see a nose uncovered, I leave.

My feelings are, if you are shopping with someone and they can't breath in the mask, let them stay in the car with the air on, or stay outside.  Don't contaminate the store (any more).

Esteemed Contributor

We had a customer here that punched a hole in the wall of a business that told them they needed to wear a mask to enter......

I don't know how you can "make" some people wear one without putting employees and customers in danger.

Respected Contributor

Yes, agree, it's going on everywhere.  I see it all over here in CT too (our case rate is low now, but is on the rise). And I even see it with my own distant family members, who post current photos online of their parties with friends, and they are in the medical field.  Ya just can't fix stupid, and calling them out isn't going to change their behavior.  Grrrrr.   It makes me mad too. Makes me want to stay home...  

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

The whole world can wear masks and lower their covid rates but here in the US where we have the most cases it is a cause for debate. Is it connected to anti- science views?

I have to say, I'm beyond sick of the 'anti-science' label. 

Let's face it, the 'science' of anything has more than one view/opinion depending on who is behind the research and interpreting it, and who is funding it.

And the 'science' of this virus has been a joke. We have been lied to from day one, with the doctors at the highest levels telling us 'the general public doesn't need a mask' and actually shaming anyone that was proactive enough to have one, when health care workers didn't have a supply. Now to be told it will fix the whole thing. Ok, sure, which is it?

The number of deaths are being falsified. The tests are often wrong (whether on purpose to skew the numbers, or just not performed correctly). 

I think people need to understand that to not believe the powers that be about some health or science issue isn't anti science. It's lack of confidence in a system that is biased, has an agenda, is money and politics driven. It's a reaction to being lied to. It's having the understanding that science is ever changing, and what is believed to be fact at one point in time, is often found to be wrong as time and research goes on. It's being smarter that just blindly believing and following a system that really has lost credibility. 

@Mominohio  Just because that is what you read into what is going on certainly doesn't mean you are right. I hope four months from now people try and use their brains for a change. We have been led down a path by an e- - - - - - - -.

Honored Contributor

So you went to two different stores and reported people in both stores to the cashiers?

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@Mominohio  So you know we get a vaccine it's because of science. But you probably won't get vaccinated because Bill Gates is going to chip you. November can't come soon enough.

Talk to me about the vaccine when we have it, and we see the fallout from it, on health and effectiveness, the money and political trail it follows. 

Your closed mindedness is showing when you insinuate that someone doesn't understand the benefits of science as a baiting technique. And you make yourself look petty and shallow when you assume what people will and won't choose to do in their own private health care choices, even before those choices are available. 

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

@chessylady wrote:

@Mominohio  So you know we get a vaccine it's because of science. But you probably won't get vaccinated because Bill Gates is going to chip you. November can't come soon enough.

it's beyond incredible what some people will believe. Never mind Gates and his foundation has been doing incredible work on promoting health in the third world for many years. A simple google search could explain the work the foundation has been involved in easily. 

Oh and I don't know why Gates was ever mentioned in connection to me and about my position on anything. I've never even mentioned his name, and won't allow the insinuation that I have expressed any opinion on him to be misconstrued here. 

But that is how this works, isn't it? Attribute things to people that don't agree with you that they have never said, to change the narriative.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Where  live a number of Mom and Pop stores and small restaurants that were allowed to open again have shut right back down because of the abuse from "I'm the center of the world," "COVID is a hoax," "You can't make me wha wha wah" idiots.  They fear for the safety of their employees and for the store or restaurant itself.

I would like one of them who helped to shut down a small business that was just getting its legs back under it tell me how that's getting the economy to reopen.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily wrote:

In our state, masks are required any place outside of your home. One way they're enforcing it is by first fining businesses and then revoking their business licenses. Bars are closed, but I think they still have curbside pickup. Our state has one of the scary spikes in the virus and resulting deaths and hospitalizations. Mask/Social Distancing "Ambassadors" have now been hired by the state or county to help ensure compliance. I think the idea of hiring serious security guards is a good one, even if the business has to cut the hours of being open by an hour or 2 to pay them. If you read one of my earlier threads, you'll see that I was very ill back in January through February. I'd never want to give that to anyone or risk getting that from anyone.

@Desert Lily I wish all locations would use your state as a model.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Sooner 

Exactly!  

Stores cannot control all customers and even employees.  I see it every time I go out, someone pulling down their mask.  

@4kitties Here, employees have to wear masks.