Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

At this time, stores in Virginia only seem to be requiring the face covering upon entrance.

There is no one going around the store enforcing social distancing and face coverings after you enter the store.

In Virginia, this was a recommendation but not a requirement.

Walmart has the right idea of hiring a security guard to do it, but they don't make much more than minimum wage either.  But the uniform will help a little and make it clear it's not Walmart employees enforcing the requirement.

Not all retailers can afford this and certainly not small businesses.

In Virginia, the Dept of Health has the enforcement, not police.  As someone posted already, they start by fining the business.  I'm not sure what more the state can do other than making it a misdemeanor and having police enforce.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  It's a mandate, NOT a law to wear masks. Sorry, but I feel you are totally over reacting! No, Hobby Lobby doesn't deserve an "F". They did what they were "mandated" to do. They had a sign up upon entering their store. Relax, everything is fine. Nothing happened.....life goes on.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ECBG :  Are you also giving an "F" to all the stores where individuals aren't wearing a mask and also boycotting them?  I don't think you will be able to go out at all if you do.   

Honored Contributor

Since there is NO law stating that wearing a mask is mandatory there is not much businesses can really do.  I guess they could ask them to leave and/or not sell to them, but since most businesses are struggling they most likely hesitate to do that.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

if every person reported every thing they see - ie, mask patrol/wrong way aisles/social distancing and more I think you'll see less & less of people working in retail.  Which in turn will close down more businesses. 

Not to dismiss your concerns @ECBG which I'm sure are valid.  People will be people and will do what they want.  No manager or clerk really can do to much because most "need their jobs".  If those you reported were "causing harm directly to you" then of course, report them.  Seemed to me they were "just shopping".

I think when we send letters to corporate it has to be really something BIG & these letter don't  just affect the Manager but trickles down to the lowest paid employee.  So of course I think hard if it's worth it!!!

I've seen this a lot, people go in "masked" but take off or pull down.  Not my business as I'm not in their "space" or if I am I'll walk the other way!  Too many reports of fights, beatings & shootings over "angry" people. 

When I need to go into any place I'm looking only to "protect me" I want to get my item(s), cash out & go!!! 

Respected Contributor

Hobby Lobby is doing the best they can from what I see. They get an A from me.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I did not wear a mask until it was mandated...I will comply but I am not sure it is really enforcable...it is not a law that has been passed.   And as another poster noted,  you cannot expect sales people to enforce the mandate.

I am not that scared of the virus, yes it's real...please don't try to school me...I wash my hands, keep my distance and keep my hands clean, I am living my life as normal as possible.

@Mom2Dogs   Exactly. There is a difference between a Mandate and Mandatory. We should not expect store employees to 'police' shoppers. 

@Mom2Dogs Mandatory just describes that it is something that is required without going into how or why that is true. Mandated has the nuance of some official body debating and deciding that some new thing is now required.Oct 22, 2019

I asked why their management was not enforcing masks.

@ECBG  If you were a manager would you risk injury by enforcing masking? I know I wouldn't. Workers and managers have been attacked and one was even shot. I mask but not approaching anyone not masked.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Goodness!  Infants cannot wear masks.  Have you ever heard of SIDS?

Infants by their nature breathe through their noses. Most mask mandates are for the ages of 2 and up. That is why when an infant is born, the delivery staff suctions out their little noses to remove the fluid from the womb.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

Roadrunner

@DLVRIT wrote:

HI,  THIS IS JAN.   THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ART & SCIENCE.  AS FAR AS I KNOW, 2 PLUS 2 IS ALWAYS 4.  SCIENCE MEANS SOMETHING HAS BEEN TESTED AND IF REPEATED...IT WILL ALWAYS GIVE THE SAME RESULT.   AS A

RETIRED PROGRAMMER/ANALYST, WE HAD A SAYING:  "GARBAGE IN--GARBAGE OUT".   IF THE DOCTORS, NURSES, SCIENTISTS ARE WRONG, AND YOU ARE RIGHT, IT WON'T MATTER.   BUT, IF YOU ARE WRONG AND THEY WERE RIGHT, PEOPLE WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THIS VIRUS AND MORE WILL DIE.   HOW, ABOUT IF WE TRY THEIR WAY, FIRST.    

DOES ANYONE ACTUALLY THINK THAT INTELLIGENT, DEDICATED MEDICAL PERSONNEL WOULD WORK LONG HOURS, SOMETIMES WITHOUT ANY DAYS OFF FOR WEEKS AT A TIME...THAT THEY WOULD BE ON THE EDGE OF PTSD JUST LIKE IN WARTIME....FOR THE SAKE OF PERPETUATING SOMEONE ELSE'S CONSPIRACY THEORY?    THEY'RE NOT JUST "ANTI-SCIENCE"...THEY'RE  ANTI-COMMON SENSE.  THEY'RE JUST FOOLING THEMSELVES.  SAD.

Hi Roadrunner,

Please stop posting in all caps. It's just very annoying.

Respected Contributor

Would NEVER shop there!