Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

@wishmoon wrote:

I can truthfully say that I never knew that Americans were so freakin stupid as to not wear a mask. No wonder the rest of the world isn't suffering deaths and sicknesses like we are, their brains tell them if you wear a mask, it helps. I'm so sick of hearing even a discussion about this, please stop giving the stupid ppl a pedestal to inform ppl they don't wear a mask. They show what kind of ppl they are after making a statement like that.

@wishmoon Have you not noticed how many get picked up for DUI?  Drink and drive and don't get picked up?  Smoke?  Drive boats drunk? Climb mountains and have to be rescued or die out there?  

Pilot private planed without the experience?  Hang gliders.

My point is risk is part of our culture.  And we accept a lot of it.  Why do you think this is any different?  Also, what are the death statistics?  Younger people aren't nearly as much at risk.

People have to work, go out, etc. and people see that and they go out too.  People take risks and everyone decides what for them is an acceptable risk. People live all over Oklahoma without storm shelters.  Not an acceptable risk to me but statistically a good one.  

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Did you see them remove their masks? I ask because in my State you're required to wear a face covering in stores but if a customer enters without one & is asked to leave by an employee the customer can say Medical & the employee must walk away immediately & let them enter. I don't blame Hobby Lobby at all, avoiding a mask meltdown inside the store keeps other customers & their employees from getting injuried.

@kitcat51 No, I didn't see them remove their masks.  There was a manager at the entrance with a mask on as you entered.  She glanced at everyone entering.

In my State all a customer has to say is Medical & they are allowed to enter a store without a face covering...they can't be asked for proof or questioned about it, if that happens the customer can file a complaint & the store faces a fine by the State for Medical noncompliance. I feel for store employees trying to deal with mask mandates, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Be well @ECBG.

Honored Contributor

@gillsburg 

I bought a small box of them on Amazon, they are the plastic type that I use on wire earrings

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

You and I disagree. I don't care if somebody wants to kill themself, that's their business, not yours, not mine and certainly not the states. However, when somebody chooses to possibly harm me or somebody else, yes, it is my business and it is the state's business. We arrest drunk drivers, why not arrest ppl not wearing masks or do you feel that's an infringement upon your "rights?"

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

You and I disagree. I don't care if somebody wants to kill themself, that's their business, not yours, not mine and certainly not the states. However, when somebody chooses to possibly harm me or somebody else, yes, it is my business and it is the state's business. We arrest drunk drivers, why not arrest ppl not wearing masks or do you feel that's an infringement upon your "rights?"

@wishmoon Aren't people amazing?????  I wish mpeople that won't wear masks in an area where the govenor says "Masks WILL be worn!" would be arrested.  We can't, unfortunately, have police everywhere.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG  The hard part about this is customers can become very belligerent. I've seen some stories on the news. Yelling,screaming and fighting. It really isn't the job of a probably low paid worker to risk having to attend to this. If customers can't follow rules made by their Governor there's not much to be done.

@proudlyfromNJ True.  I'm all for them being arrested for public endangerment.  Make it a felony.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@ECBG  The hard part about this is customers can become very belligerent. I've seen some stories on the news. Yelling,screaming and fighting. It really isn't the job of a probably low paid worker to risk having to attend to this. If customers can't follow rules made by their Governor there's not much to be done.

@proudlyfromNJ True.  I'm all for them being arrested for public endangerment.  Make it a felony.

@ECBG  I've read the police can't be called for this type of infraction. Don't know if it's true everywhere.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@ECBG  It's a mandate in our state also. Walmart and Target had announced (before the mandate) that masks were required in their stores.  However, even with the state mandate, they will not enforce the law for protection of their employees. Apparently, when employee were notifying people of the store's requirement to wear masks they were being verbally and physically attacked. So, for the welfare of their empoyees, they are not enforcing the rule.

The VA Walmart near my parent's house was enforcing the mask rule on Saturday when my mother went, they had a security guard and an employee at the door, if you came to door without a mask, they were handing masks out if you didn't want to wear one you were turned away; my mother said everyone she saw (and she walked from one end to the other of the Superstore) was wearing a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's my take on the whole mask issue.

First, I always wear a mask, when I go in to any business.

Always.

We can and should strive for 100% compliance.

We won't get it, but we should at least strive for it.

We don't get 100% compliance with laws already on the books.

Don't believe me?

How many times have you been out driving, and someone has blown past you going well over the speed limit?

How many times have you seen someone blow through a stop sign/light?

We can't even get people to put down their phones as they are driving!

And, unfortunately, there isn't always a cop around to catch these people.

And if their reckless behavior causes them to plow in to you, trust me, their irresponsibility is going to affect your life, in a negative way.

So, like the examples cited, we can have laws, but even that is not going to guarantee 100% compliance.

My personal philosophy is, I take care of me, and if I see someone without a mask, I just stay away from them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@debfau wrote:

@LuvmyLab wrote:

@ECBG  It's a mandate in our state also. Walmart and Target had announced (before the mandate) that masks were required in their stores.  However, even with the state mandate, they will not enforce the law for protection of their employees. Apparently, when employee were notifying people of the store's requirement to wear masks they were being verbally and physically attacked. So, for the welfare of their empoyees, they are not enforcing the rule.

The VA Walmart near my parent's house was enforcing the mask rule on Saturday when my mother went, they had a security guard and an employee at the door, if you came to door without a mask, they were handing masks out if you didn't want to wear one you were turned away; my mother said everyone she saw (and she walked from one end to the other of the Superstore) was wearing a mask.

@LuvmyLab 

@debfau 

Good for that Walmart!

Rosette Ribbon- 1st Place