Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

@millieshops wrote:

Just yesterday I heard from a relative that the company he works for has begun to hire security guards for their stores.  And haven't there been other posts here that retailers are requesting mask support, but not acting as enforcers?

Did you say anthing to the unmasked?  In the past, I might have, but those days passed years ago.  

I can't even pretend that I know a sensible way at this point to persuade the non-maskers to mask.

@millieshops I didn't say anything to them.  I had what I wanted, turned around and checked out, just as a very elderly couple came in.  It gave me chills!

On the other hand, I went to the Dillards Outlet today, and was told they had security walking around enforcing masks when I told the checkout "two women and an infant had just come in unmasked.".

The ABC Store posted "No Mask, no service".  it can be done.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG ...I have no intention of arguing about this...just saying that mandating is a slipperly slope....

@Mom2Dogs Wasn't arguing.  I thought they were the same, so I looked it up.  I thought "gosh, when was the last time I even, if ever used that word?"Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  It's a mandate in our state also. Walmart and Target had announced (before the mandate) that masks were required in their stores.  However, even with the state mandate, they will not enforce the law for protection of their employees. Apparently, when employee were notifying people of the store's requirement to wear masks they were being verbally and physically attacked. So, for the welfare of their empoyees, they are not enforcing the rule.

Respected Contributor

Goodness!  Infants cannot wear masks.  Have you ever heard of SIDS?

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Goodness!  Infants cannot wear masks.  Have you ever heard of SIDS?

@4kitties  Who said an infant had to wear a mask?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG ....I know you were not arguing, I did not mean to imply you were...I was just trying to say I don't want to argue with anyone about this.

Respected Contributor

The whole world can wear masks and lower their covid rates but here in the US where we have the most cases it is a cause for debate. Is it connected to anti- science views?

Honored Contributor

In NY you have to wear a mask and it is posted no mask you can't come in.  Children under the age of 2 do not have to wear them.  It shouldn't be up to a an employee to tell someone to wear a mask.  My sister works at a grocery store and they were told not to say anything to the customer that management would take care of it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ 

I should have quoted post #21.  She said she reported two women and an infant not wearing masks.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@ECBG I like that ABC posts that sign., but the real question I'd want to know is what they do if a customer is seen shopping unmasked.    The anti-maskers ignore those signs as much as they ignore speed limit signs.