Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

@lianne    I'm with you.  Hobby Lobby everywhere gets a "F" from me.  The more I hear about their questionable business and social practices, the less I want anything to do with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I did not wear a mask until it was mandated...I will comply but I am not sure it is really enforcable...it is not a law that has been passed.   And as another poster noted,  you cannot expect sales people to enforce the mandate.

I am not that scared of the virus, yes it's real...please don't try to school me...I wash my hands, keep my distance and keep my hands clean, I am living my life as normal as possible.

@Mom2Dogs   Exactly. There is a difference between a Mandate and Mandatory. We should not expect store employees to 'police' shoppers. 

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Here in Central Illinois, I see someone pulling down their mask to chat or just breathe, all the time.  I just do not get upset about it.  I can only control myself, not others. 

If I do not feel comfortable or safe in any business, I just leave and do not go back.  
========

You are so right @4kitties . I wouldn't have said or done anything at Hobby Lobby - just would have gotten in and out. What if those people in the back of the store became belligerent when confronted? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you see them remove their masks? I ask because in my State you're required to wear a face covering in stores but if a customer enters without one & is asked to leave by an employee the customer can say Medical & the employee must walk away immediately & let them enter or face be fined by the State for noncompliance for exceptions. I don't blame Hobby Lobby at all, avoiding a mask meltdown inside the store keeps other customers & their employees from getting injuried.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I did not wear a mask until it was mandated...I will comply but I am not sure it is really enforcable...it is not a law that has been passed.   And as another poster noted,  you cannot expect sales people to enforce the mandate.

I am not that scared of the virus, yes it's real...please don't try to school me...I wash my hands, keep my distance and keep my hands clean, I am living my life as normal as possible.

@Mom2Dogs   Exactly. There is a difference between a Mandate and Mandatory. We should not expect store employees to 'police' shoppers. 

@Mom2Dogs Mandatory just describes that it is something that is required without going into how or why that is true. Mandated has the nuance of some official body debating and deciding that some new thing is now required.Oct 22, 2019

I asked why their management was not enforcing masks.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG    A jeweler's supply store or online should have those earring backs.  I've got a bunch I think I got from an aBay seller.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Did you see them remove their masks? I ask because in my State you're required to wear a face covering in stores but if a customer enters without one & is asked to leave by an employee the customer can say Medical & the employee must walk away immediately & let them enter. I don't blame Hobby Lobby at all, avoiding a mask meltdown inside the store keeps other customers & their employees from getting injuried.

@kitcat51 No, I didn't see them remove their masks.  There was a manager at the entrance with a mask on as you entered.  She glanced at everyone entering.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG    A jeweler's supply store or online should have those earring backs.  I've got a bunch I think I got from an aBay seller.

@Kachina624 Thanks, my Friend, I wanted a pack of what the Etsy artist sent me.  They were SO very soft and weren't so durn hard to get on.

Honored Contributor

Just yesterday I heard from a relative that the company he works for has begun to hire security guards for their stores.  And haven't there been other posts here that retailers are requesting mask support, but not acting as enforcers?

Did you say anthing to the unmasked?  In the past, I might have, but those days passed years ago.  

I can't even pretend that I know a sensible way at this point to persuade the non-maskers to mask.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG ...I have no intention of arguing about this...just saying that mandating is a slipperly slope....