Honored Contributor

Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

There are some soft bell shaped earring backs I love for wire earpieces.  The harder back can bend your wire while you try to slide them on.

I got the soft ones from an artist on Etsy who was kind enough to share her source with me.

I went to our newer (1 1/2 yr old) Hobby Lobby.  In the lobby on a board with other announcements in colored chalk was "Wear A Mask".

We have a state wide mandate in NC to wear masks.  

I went to the back to get the backs, and noticed 2 or 3 late teens, early 20's had just removed their mask! 

It made me shudder since there were several very elderly customers in the store. 

When I checked out, I mentioned to the young checkout that mgmt needed to go back there.   She said "Management can't say anything to them".  I couldn't believe it!  It's a NC MANDATE.

I just emailed their corporate office.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hobby Lobby Here Gets An "F"

@ECBG  The hard part about this is customers can become very belligerent. I've seen some stories on the news. Yelling,screaming and fighting. It really isn't the job of a probably low paid worker to risk having to attend to this. If customers can't follow rules made by their Governor there's not much to be done.

Respected Contributor

This is going on everywhere. Management does not want their staff fighting with customers. When this happens there is potential for someone to get hurt.

Frequent Contributor

Could you provide more info on the earring backs. Been looking fir something fot wires. Thanks 

Respected Contributor

Here in Central Illinois, I see someone pulling down their mask to chat or just breathe, all the time.  I just do not get upset about it.  I can only control myself, not others. 

If I do not feel comfortable or safe in any business, I just leave and do not go back.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

It's unfair for a corporation to expect minimum wage workers to uphold state or corporate mandates. If I see people not wearing masks, I immediately leave the store. If corporate doesn't care about the customers, I will spend my money elsewhere. Clearly they don't need it or want it.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@gillsburg wrote:

Could you provide more info on the earring backs. Been looking fir something fot wires. Thanks 

@gillsburg. The bag is about 3 1/2 in sq.  This appears to be their home brand and is 1/2 this week.  In jewelry making. 

20200715_171336.jpg

Honored Contributor

I did not wear a mask until it was mandated...I will comply but I am not sure it is really enforcable...it is not a law that has been passed.   And as another poster noted,  you cannot expect sales people to enforce the mandate.

I am not that scared of the virus, yes it's real...please don't try to school me...I wash my hands, keep my distance and keep my hands clean, I am living my life as normal as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

You go girl!  Somewhere I read that all peace negotiations should be done old grandmas, because.....you know, they kick.....

On the other hand I so much sympathy for the workers.  They are risking their health for pay.

Valued Contributor

I am very glad I have never been inside a Hobby Lobby, never have given them a penny of my money and never will.