Respected Contributor

Re: High or Low Maintenance?

I am on the high side and proud of it. Not giving it up until I can't move. 

Respected Contributor

I am medium to low maintenance. Never really learned how to be high. Never learned how to be high maintenance. The reason is I am slow. Family and friends always knew. They tried to teach or show me but it never worked. When I married my family and friends teased me and my husband.

when we had our boys I finally picked up spead. No choice. I did learn to pick up spead finally. I can now do my face and hair and it looks ok. Actually QVC taught me about natural skin care. That is all I use.

Honored Contributor

I taught for years two blocks from my house....no way could I ever go anywhere without makeup, hair done, and dressed...no sweats, no ballcap, and no bareface.....am retired....but still don’t like going out without my hair and makeup done....but have switched to flats and flip-flops.
Honored Contributor

I've always been high maintenance, thank goodness my husband never minded. Unfortunately, my son is very high maintenance much to his detrimence..

Honored Contributor

I have always been low maintenance.

i am fortunate that my hair and skin are good.  I don't need beauty products that take so much time to apply.  In fact, I feel silly with all that goop on my face, but I won't go out without earrings.

I buy clothing that is comfortable and fits well, nothing high fashion.

I like the natural look as does my husband.  

Respected Contributor

Medium to low.

I used to be very high maintenance I was in the beauty industry and  they expected a certain look.

I always failed when it came to my nails.

I was a nail bitter and that wasn’t a good look at all!

Honored Contributor

It just dawned on me why that piece of furniture in my bedroom set is called a Vanity! 

Esteemed Contributor

High Maintenance

but I don't always get what I want....

Honored Contributor

I guess we're all going to have different interpretations of this, but I really consider myself low maintenance and always have.  

I always colored my own hair and never got mani(s) or pedi(s).  I don't have artificial nails, hair, eyelashes, or anything else artificial!  Never had any botox or cosmetic surgery. Although, I find no fault with anyone who enjoys or uses or has had these things.

I don't have to have expensive clothes, shoes, bags, etc. to be happy.  I can buy a pair of capri pants at Walmart and be as tickled as can be!

I don't take hours getting ready.  If DH says, let's go somewhere, I can be ready in like 10 minutes!

Do I like to look nice and do I try to look nice?  Sure - of course! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

I do use alot of skin care and products.  I have a simple hair style and its easy to take care of .  Just a trim now and then. Its to my shoulders with bangs.  

Thank you for your answers to this. Fun to read. Nothing at all wrong with low or high at all. We are who we are  and that is great!