Respected Contributor

Re: High School Classmates 😳

[ Edited ]

I went to my 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th. I enjoyed all up until the 25th. My 2 friends (that I'm still in touch with) and I got there a bit late and had to sit at the uncooI table. don't know what the hell I was thinking but I envisioned everyone rolling out the red carpet and sounding horns as my friends and I walked in...and that didn't happen. My pals and I were p***ed that our HS crew didn't even think to save us a seat, even at the next table.

It was so uncomfortable that I had to drink quite a bit to endure the evening. The drunker I got, the more p***ed I became. I never associated with these people, even though everyone new everyone in the entire class because we were a very small NYC school with a class of about 120.  We forced ourselves to make idol chatter, and they didn't want to either. So needless to say it sucked and the whole night all I could think was " Nobody puts baby in the corner!" But there I was in the corner. 😝  My 40th was last year and nobody put a reunion together and I didn't even miss it after that last one. Maybe they'll have a 50th! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: High School Classmates 😳

@KBEANS 

@KBEANS wrote:

I went to my 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th. I enjoyed all up until the 25th. My 2 friends (that I'm still in touch with) and I got there a bit late and had to sit at the uncooI table. don't know what the hell I was thinking but I envisioned everyone rolling out the red carpet and sounding horns as my friends and I walked in...and that didn't happen. My pals and I were p***ed that our HS crew didn't even think to save us a seat, even at the next table.

It was so uncomfortable that I had to drink quite a bit to endure the evening. The drunker I got, the more p***ed I became. I never associated with these people, even though everyone new everyone in the entire class because we were a very small NYC school with a class of about 120.  We forced ourselves to make idol chatter, and they didn't want to either. So needless to say it sucked and the whole night all I could think was " Nobody puts baby in the corner!" But there I was in the corner. 😝  My 40th was last year and nobody put a reunion together and I didn't even miss it after that last one. Maybe they'll have a 50th! 

@KBEANS  What were you like in high school?  Were you in any clubs?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: High School Classmates ?

@Maineblueberries wrote:

@KBEANS 

@KBEANS wrote:

I went to my 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th. I enjoyed all up until the 25th. 

@KBEANS  What were you like in high school?  Were you in any clubs?

Ha Ha !! No clubs. We didn't have an array of clubs and extra curricular activities anyway because we were a very small urban school. We didn't even have a gym. We had an affiliation with the neighborhood Boys and Girls Club. It was about 5 blocks away and we had to walk over there for our gym class. Many days we never made it there. Lol  My friends and I couldn't wait for the bell to ring and get the heck out of school. After school meant detention for my crew!  In school I was always making everyone laugh all day every day!  I was voted class clown and it was proudly displayed in our year book. I was so darn proud. When I showed my father, he asked "How come you didn't get  Most likely to succeed ?"  I answered "Because I was making everybody laugh!" He said, "You better think about that."

I'm the Office Clown today, so it show's you how much I thought about it. ? I still love to laugh and make people laugh, all day everyday!