Respected Contributor

Re: Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

September, October and November - my absolute favorite months!

I love the fall! The leaves, the sky, and even the air changes!! My favorite month is October, it could be October for three months - that would be fine with me.

The only scented candle I use is "Country Morning"' made by Circle E candles. I use it all year - it's a warm pumpkin and spice scent.
-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I have NEVER heard of anyone not loving Summer until I began to read on these bulletin boards! I live for my Summers. Everyone I know loves Summer. I especially like my Summers more now that we moved to live at our Summer home on our beautiful lake. i despise Fall mainly because of all the work! Tons of leaves to rake, taking out the dock, winterizing our boat and other toys. Lots and lots of work! Fall is just a prelude to our long, long, LONG brutal Winters. Yuk.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@hatetoiron wrote:

Same for me.  I love the Fall.  It's my favorite time of year.  Could never understand why so many people love the summer and the heat.  When it gets hot I'm absolutely miserable.  Don't want to do anything or go anywhere.  Already I'm wishing it were late September.  I am definitely a cold weather gal I guess.

I feel the same..its hot and humid in the midwest..I always feel better when the weather gets cool. I don't like the freezing temps though..they play havoc with my joints. I also love the fall/winter fashions..But, the fall has always been my favorite time!!!!!Cat Very Happy I also hate the sticky feeling when I get hot..it makes me feel dirty..sometimes I take 3 showers a day, lol!Cat Happy

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I have NEVER heard of anyone not loving Summer until I began to read on these bulletin boards! I live for my Summers. Everyone I know loves Summer. I especially like my Summers more now that we moved to live at our Summer home on our beautiful lake. i despise Fall mainly because of all the work! Tons of leaves to rake, taking out the dock, winterizing our boat and other toys. Lots and lots of work! Fall is just a prelude to our long, long, LONG brutal Winters. Yuk.

I understand, my cousin lived in Michigan and she hated winter. We don't have a severe and long winter like you do..that makes a difference!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

Fall, Football, Turkey, holidays home with family and not at work.  What could be better! 

I cannot wait, just need to get through this week-end and we are on the down side to Fall.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

My year cycles in late August and early fall. I'm a teacher, and autumn is also when the Jewish new year comes. I love temperatures in the 60s, crisp air and the rich colors. Every August/September I am setting up for a new school year. My mom used to come help me set up. She also helped me pack up at the end of the school year. This was my first end of term without her. I have learned to live through Pesach, avoided Mothers Day, and an dreading my first motherless birthday in 32 days. Her crocuses, hyacinth and daffodils bloomed without her; plants don't know better. Summer means I am home and my mind is not occupied with distractions.
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty much ready for fall as soon as my holiday decorations come down! lol I've always loved everything about the season, and even with winter following after it, I can never wait until it arrives and brings all the beautiful colors,, decorations, foods, you name it...

Our summer this year has so far consisted of about three hot days in early spring, and that was it. It's only left the 70's  two days total, and it's stayed mainly in the mid sixties every day, with more rain than I can remember in a single season. I'm getting used to the rain, and like the temps, as that's fall weather to me. Our trees started to turn extremely early last fall, and I would guess we'll see the same this year.

I feel for all of the posters here in the 90 - 100 degrees temps. I'd never survive it. The humidity is the worst..

Rac, So sorry for the loss of your mom. ((((( Rac))))). It's a loss like no other. My mom left us three years ago last month, and it still can be  tough.

Wishing everyone a happy 4th! Like another poster mentioned earlier, after this weekend, it's all downhill to fall. I'll start to decorate mid- end of August. Heck, I'm ready now! lol pinky

Honored Contributor

Fall is so beautiful. I love decorating for the season, watching football, and going on day trips for pumpkins, apples, and visiting Amish country.
Esteemed Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:
September, October and November - my absolute favorite months!

I love the fall! The leaves, the sky, and even the air changes!! My favorite month is October, it could be October for three months - that would be fine with me.

The only scented candle I use is "Country Morning"' made by Circle E candles. I use it all year - it's a warm pumpkin and spice scent.

I'm a fall girl all the way too..all around happier! LOVE decorating for Fall and the fashions...Yeah!!!!!!!!Heart

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@rac71 wrote:
My year cycles in late August and early fall. I'm a teacher, and autumn is also when the Jewish new year comes. I love temperatures in the 60s, crisp air and the rich colors. Every August/September I am setting up for a new school year. My mom used to come help me set up. She also helped me pack up at the end of the school year. This was my first end of term without her. I have learned to live through Pesach, avoided Mothers Day, and an dreading my first motherless birthday in 32 days. Her crocuses, hyacinth and daffodils bloomed without her; plants don't know better. Summer means I am home and my mind is not occupied with distractions.

rac71, I feel your pain! My mom left this world in 2006..I miss her everyday!! Birthdays and Christmas aren't the same, she always made them special for me, I was the baby! You will see her again..!! I focus on that, its a temporary seperation! Sending you (((hugs)))

EMHeart

-- Mae West