Respected Contributor

Re: Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

We live in New England and Fall/Winter is my favorite times of the year.  In Fall the air is crisp and clean and I love the smells in the air.  I love Fall baking and cooking comfort foods.  Nothing beats a nice warm fire on a cool crisp day.  I also love the colors of Fall espeically here in New England.  I also love Winter.  I like the clothes and when it snows the peacefulness.  Summer is hot and sticky and the clothes are always wrinkly.  I too am looking forward to Fall!

Respected Contributor

I also love autumn, but it only lasts a couple weeks and then we're heading into winter.

I prefer summer because it's that much further away from ice and snow.

Honored Contributor

Born and raised in the South, the older I get the more I hate and dread summer, it just gets so hot here, it justs wears you out and all you want to do is stay inside the AC!

I love Spring, where everything dead comes alive again, but we really don't have that much Spring, we basically go from winter into summer!

I do like Autumn with the changing of the colors, but again we usually don't get our cooler weather until mid-Oct. or even not until November!

Both of my parents died in the summer (July & August) so maybe that is another reason I dislike summer!

Esteemed Contributor

@luvsbulldogs wrote:

We live in New England and Fall/Winter is my favorite times of the year.  In Fall the air is crisp and clean and I love the smells in the air.  I love Fall baking and cooking comfort foods.  Nothing beats a nice warm fire on a cool crisp day.  I also love the colors of Fall espeically here in New England.  I also love Winter.  I like the clothes and when it snows the peacefulness.  Summer is hot and sticky and the clothes are always wrinkly.  I too am looking forward to Fall!

How I envy you!  I adore New England, and I agree that the fall and winter are especially beautiful times to be there.  I've only been to a few of the New England states twice, but returning is on my "bucket list".  

Frequent Contributor

I, too, have always loved Fall and Winter. Peace to all.

Regular Contributor

Just kike you, I enjoy fall and also winter. There is so much outdoor work piling up in our area due to the over abundance of rain this month - more than 11". It's been raining nearly every day. I know it's beeen horribly wet elsewhere too. The only positive is that it's been very cool. I get lazier in the heat; more energetic as the weather turns fall-like.

Honored Contributor

Autumn is my favorite season, and has been since childhood.

Always for the crisp weather (50's & 40's - yeah!) first, then the back-to-school stuff.

I also enjoy the diversified clothing and accessory styles, fabrics, and textures. And, of course, the casseroles, pies, etc. LOL.

Honored Contributor

Fall if my favorite season too. There are so many things to enjoy about it and it's so beautiful too.

Trusted Contributor

My heart is always in the Fall!  Even though we had a horrid, cold Winter, I am dreaming of Fall already.  

I don't like Summer at all.  And, we seemed to race through Spring this year and landed in right in the thick of the heat and humidity.  We've already had 100 degree temperatures.  And, horrible storms.  It's only June, for goodness sake.

I muddle through the other nine months of the year, just to get to Fall.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Well, we have not had a nice spring or summer at all.  And I, for one, am very unhappy about it.  Spring started out very cold.  And now, all we have had for weeks and weeks is just rain.  We had a few days that it was hot, but mostly it still rained.  It is more like fall weather, but not even nice fall weather.  It will be horrible old nasty, cold, windy, snowy, lousy winter weather before we know it again.  Grrrrr.!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin