Honored Contributor

Re: Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

@cotton4me wrote:

Sorry about your dad Quality Gal.  It makes sense that Fall would remind you of your dad so your heart is there.  (((Hugs)))

Speaking of the seasons - I used to be a Fall person but turned into a Spring person. I haven’t been the same since we had an unusually large snowstorm that left me feeling overwhelmed and vulnerable.  Now Fall reminds me that snow is not far away.     

That, is exactly why I sure don't want to rush any season. Winter's can be cold and long.

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:
I to love the fall. When I lived in Florida I missed the fall so much. Now I'm back up North and can't wait for the summer to be over. Fall is a cozy time of year pumpkins,cider,baking making soups and warm sweaters. Building a fire on a cool night seeing the trees in all their beautiful colors. Now I really can't wait!!!

Exactly!!! It's a lot of mixed feelings!!

Honored Contributor

We love fall around our house too..  personally we love football, especially Tennessee football.  Love it when the season changes to cooler weather, foilage in the Smokies and all around is gorgeous.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
and just feel great during the summer.

Yes, Red, the sun does that to me too. I can't really knock any season!!

Honored Contributor

Orangegarnet! We love Tenn. We love to vacation there and I'll bet Fall there is outstanding. We've only been there in the summer. Maybe we need to "Fall" there in the Fall.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Orangegarnet! We love Tenn. We love to vacation there and I'll bet Fall there is outstanding. We've only been there in the summer. Maybe we need to "Fall" there in the Fall.

I am from East Tennessee and the colors are incredible in the fall..  You can feel the crispness in the air..  It gets so crowded in the Smokies when the leaves change, we stopped going. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Quality Gal, I was born at the end of August, so I think that I love fall because it's the first season I experienced 'on the outside' lol.  I have always been a fall/winter girl.   There is something about the sights and smell of fall that moves me more than spring/summer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh yeah Birdmama, I'm in SW MI and I share that with you!!!

Super Contributor

Same for me.  I love the Fall.  It's my favorite time of year.  Could never understand why so many people love the summer and the heat.  When it gets hot I'm absolutely miserable.  Don't want to do anything or go anywhere.  Already I'm wishing it were late September.  I am definitely a cold weather gal I guess.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Oh yeah Birdmama, I'm in SW MI and I share that with you!!!

SE Michigan here. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise