Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

My heart is relishing this beautiful summer. Golf golf and more golf. Of course we can still play golf into fall, but it is much harder to find an errant golf ball buried beneath leaves. Even neon yellow and pink balls. I wish it was July for 12 months.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Oh, I understand, QualityGal!  My heart is ALWAYS in Fall.  And, yes, I'm sure your Dad's passing has something to do with it.  Also, is your birthday in the fall?  Don't know how true it is, but I once read that people prefer the season they were born in.  In my case, that's true as my birthday is in November.  I start my countdown to autumn in the spring.  In May I say to myself "only four more months "till fall".  I don't hate the other seasons, but none of them "speak to me" like fall does.  It holds a warm place in my heart as well and leaves me with a feeling of complete contentment.  Also........ my condolences on your Dad's passing.  

Hello Sister Scorpio !!  ......   my November birthday also makes me a lover of all things Fall-ish .....    leaves changing colors,  brisk air,  MacIntosh apples,  Halloween,  pumpkins and the intensity of the hot summer sun gone as it slowly starts moving south of the equator ....  I love it all!

Respected Contributor

I must admit that one of the things I miss about living back north was fall itself. The leaf colors, the warm days and cool nights, breaking out my nice leather oufits. I'll be enjoying some of that this year as we will travel to upstate NY and Ontario Canada in early October. Should be fun as long as there are no surprise snow storms. 

Esteemed Contributor

Summer is great. Everything is lush and green. I don't have to trudge around in heavy boots and puffer coat. Life is easy. However, fall here in upstate NY is simply beautiful. The colors are spectacular and the cool, crisp air reminds us that holiday time is approaching. Unfortunately, that cool, crisp air morphs into freezing temps and snow for too many months, but I do enjoy the change of seasons.

Honored Contributor

I am sure NE is spectacular in Fall!  I have always wanted to go but never got there. 

Even though I do find fall to be very comfortable and love the scenery, I find it a little depressing, as I know winter will soon be coming!  Don't get me wrong, winter can be pretty, too, and if I didn't have the worries I do --- driving in it every day for work -- worries about how I'm going to dig the driveway out, and the car, etc. -- I wouldn't mind it that much. 

As I am getting older, I prefer the warm weather months.  Never thought I'd say that, as heat never particularly agreed with me and still doesn't.  I love the freedom of warm weather though.  Coming and going as you please with no worry about weather concerns.  And not having to be burdened with heavy coats, boats, etc.

Since it turned August, I am already cherishing every nice, warm day we get!  It will go so fast.  And we didn't really get much nice weather at all until just recently.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin