Honored Contributor

Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

I don't understand it. Not longing for Fall, or any of that, but feelings inside are in Fall. Wonder if anyone understands this. I guess it just holds a warm place in my heart. Nothing else makes any sense to me on that. ?? The only idea I have is my dad passed last Fall and I wonder if that's any of it. I just don't know.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Here we are in summer, but my heart is in Fall.

Oh, I understand, QualityGal!  My heart is ALWAYS in Fall.  And, yes, I'm sure your Dad's passing has something to do with it.  Also, is your birthday in the fall?  Don't know how true it is, but I once read that people prefer the season they were born in.  In my case, that's true as my birthday is in November.  I start my countdown to autumn in the spring.  In May I say to myself "only four more months "till fall".  I don't hate the other seasons, but none of them "speak to me" like fall does.  It holds a warm place in my heart as well and leaves me with a feeling of complete contentment.  Also........ my condolences on your Dad's passing.  

Esteemed Contributor

I hate the summer/spring. I love the fall weather .. the summer is a dirty season to me and in my neck of the woods very hot, humid and rainy. I hate the bugs and the flies of the summer. The only thing I do like about the summer is the fruit .. But, I have a longing for fall too. Just wish it would last longer. Cat Tongue

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Count me in as a fall person too!   I enjoy the cool, crisp outside air, baking pumpkin and apple pies, simmering soups, the aroma of comfort foods in the oven and decorating my home to reflect the beautiful change of the season. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

It's a comfort thing here also.  Our summers are so horribly hot!  Last week temp was 98 and the humidity was 100%.  No way to even go outside.  Fall here won't be around until mid October, so October is my favorite month of the year.  Birthday??  August - yuck!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your dad Quality Gal.  It makes sense that Fall would remind you of your dad so your heart is there.  (((Hugs)))

Speaking of the seasons - I used to be a Fall person but turned into a Spring person. I haven’t been the same since we had an unusually large snowstorm that left me feeling overwhelmed and vulnerable.  Now Fall reminds me that snow is not far away.     

Trusted Contributor

I to love the fall. When I lived in Florida I missed the fall so much. Now I'm back up North and can't wait for the summer to be over. Fall is a cozy time of year pumpkins,cider,baking making soups and warm sweaters. Building a fire on a cool night seeing the trees in all their beautiful colors. Now I really can't wait!!!
Honored Contributor

I am all about summer! As a very fair skinned redhead, with sensitive eyes, I don't spend a lot of time outside in the sun and heat, but summer is my favorite time of the year. I love the bright sun and very warm temperatures, and just feel great during the summer.
Honored Contributor

Citrine, I think you have something there. I'm an October baby.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

Count me in as a fall person too!   I enjoy the cool, crisp outside air, baking pumpkin and apple pies, simmering soups, the aroma of comfort foods in the oven and decorating my home to reflect the beautiful change of the season. 

Oh yeah, a lot of that!! I even was checking the leaves yesterday. We've had so much rain, it seems like I'll start seeing the changing of the leaves very soon.