Honored Contributor

Re: Here's what I learned from this week's forum drama...

@KailaS wrote:

interesting.  I learned never to trust that situations will remain the same and always to have a backup plan.  

@KailaS  - good advice.  While it's nice that the Q is leaving the forums open for now, many should have a backup plan for when the forums permanently close in 2022 - which is just around the corner. 

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Sorry to say I missed anything about 2022.  Could you please share?

They changed their mind only marginally???

Honored Contributor

I'm on both with most posts here.

I appreciate all of the hard work those ladies did to save all if the friendships!!!!

Honored Contributor

@house_cat   You said a mouthfull and it's just as I felt too.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I appreciate all of the hard work those ladies did to save all if the friendships!!!!

@ECBG   Still am not comfortable there. If I DO have to change over IF these forums close, then I'll concentrate on learning to post there. 

I must say, I'm hopeful these forums stay open.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama 

I admit I signed up over at the other site, but it is hard to teach an old gal like me new ways. I am a creature of habit so to speak. I am not sure if I will close my acct. over there, but I know I will not be doing a lot of posting. Now it looks the site went private? I didn't have to give them much information so that helps me out. If I begin to get "junk" mail, my tune may change. 

I've always stayed pretty close to the handbag thread to keep sort of a low profile. It took me a long time to join in here and I hope we all can get a long now. 

@Leeny 

The private part is so no one on random google or anything else can get in there and get anything out. 

They won't see conversations or anything else.  That's safety.

Anyone can still join.

Yes, @ECBG.  Just do a google search for "QVC TSV" and you get the entire menu of everyone's posts here, about TSVs.  And any person can read them.

I like the "new" boards being private.  That said, I'll still post here.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG   Still am not comfortable there. If I DO have to change over IF these forums close, then I'll concentrate on learning to post there. 

I must say, I'm hopeful these forums stay open.

@Shanus 

Of course we never know the future,  but after all of the complaints I really think Q is thinking of sales over all.  Their business is retail.  Not good at all to upset your customers. 

I'm keeping my Pro Board account in any case.

Respected Contributor

I learned...

Keep Calm And Don't Panic Digital Art by Edit Voros

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its been awhile since Ive been on these forums. I started using this forum about a few years ago after going through a tragic situation. At that time I shut out the world around me and found sharing and chatting with others here to be cathartic.  I loved coming here because most of the time everyone was very thoughtful, helpful and kind. I also enjoyed browsing through questions, answers, suggestions and being a small part of someones life.

However, I will say that there are/were a few people here who I felt  were bullies. Couple of them were super mean.  I remember there was one post that left me crying because the commentor said things that were so heartless, and it was hurtful, especially in a sensitive time.

Anyway, I know that Q is alerted so hopefully those nasty people left. Its the few bad apples that ruin good things for most. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Leeny wrote:

@Bird mama 

I admit I signed up over at the other site, but it is hard to teach an old gal like me new ways. I am a creature of habit so to speak. I am not sure if I will close my acct. over there, but I know I will not be doing a lot of posting. Now it looks the site went private? I didn't have to give them much information so that helps me out. If I begin to get "junk" mail, my tune may change. 

I've always stayed pretty close to the handbag thread to keep sort of a low profile. It took me a long time to join in here and I hope we all can get a long now. 

@Leeny 

The private part is so no one on random google or anything else can get in there and get anything out. 

They won't see conversations or anything else.  That's safety.

Anyone can still join.

@ECBG last week I was able to see the posts on the Pro Board Q forum friends site. Today it says I do not have permission to access the board. Do I have to register and sign in to view the boards?