Honored Contributor

Here It Comes!!!!!

[ Edited ]

We've just been told that the NC-Tenn border is getting 4-8 inches of snow tonight!  It has happened before, won't be the last time.

Anyone else?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG We toured Biltmore one time on a night tour in December.  There was a nice snow on the ground and it was something I will never forget! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG We toured Biltmore one time on a night tour in December.  There was a nice snow on the ground and it was something I will never forget! 

@Sooner 

If it isn't far, come in the spring for the Festival Of Flowers and I'll take you through the house.  We can have lunch in Biltmore Village and I'll take you to the Folk Art Center. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG ~ Snowing here right now (7:20p), but, it is Alaska!

Enjoy your snow  ❄️🙋🏻‍♀️❄️

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

If it isn't far, come in the spring for the Festival Of Flowers and I'll take you through the house.  We can have lunch in Biltmore Village and I'll take you to the Folk Art Center. Smiley Happy

@ECBG Did that many years ago on our way to D.C.  But then is there a bad time to visit Biltmore?  The first time we were there it was so long ago we drove up and parked at the curve of the drive in front of the house!

And NO it wasn't in a horse and buggy!  Woman Very Happy  Well, I guess almost!  

Esteemed Contributor

Is it near Banner Elk NC .

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Just noticed the offer of the personal tour and I would so love to do that! We would probably have to be thrown out at the end of the day!  I was in a hurry and missed that.  

The night tour was the year my father died and my husband booked it for us, of course not knowing that the snow would be a blessing!  But once we were there for garden tours by accident! 

Honored Contributor

Snow in north Alabama last night

I follow the local meteorologist on Facebook, he was posting pictures sent to him.

I don't know how much eventually accumulated but it was more than a dusting.

Honored Contributor

We've already had two snow storms here in the sunny desert Southwest, one in October and one in November.  The last one dumped 10" at my house.  Very unusual but not enough to impact our drought which is now classified as "extreme".  It was 15° here this morning and the impending cold front hasn't yet arrived.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

@ECBG Did that many years ago on our way to D.C.  But then is there a bad time to visit Biltmore?  The first time we were there it was so long ago we drove up and parked at the curve of the drive in front of the house!

And NO it wasn't in a horse and buggy!  Woman Very Happy  Well, I guess almost!  

I remember going as a child with my parents for my first visit.  We parked on the main driveway in front of the house!  Boy have things changed!  Nice memories. 🥰