Honored Contributor

Re: Help me find new uses for Pooph

[ Edited ]

This product is safe to use on yourself, animals and anything in your home according to the ads.  The guy even sprays it in his mouth.

I think it could be used to freshen closets, storage boxes, areas, basements, bathrooms, shoes & boots & vehicles.  What ever stinks.

Those little trees, and other hanging stuff, especially for cars are a huge cause of asthma and allergy attacks, per my daughters allergy doc.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

Rather than pour the product down sink drains, it would be more economical and practical to use a Fuller brush and spray.  

The smell comes from bits of food that was processed by the disposal and landed on the underside of the rubber fingers at the mouth of the disposal.  Over time, the bits continue to deteriorate and decay.  That is the cause of the smell.

Process: using the plastic tube attached to spray can, spray until the drain becomes filled with the product.  Wait several minutes and then use the special hand brush to dislodge the gunk from the underside of the rubber tips.

Amazing what is under the tips!   Smell will be gone for quite a while.   Worst offender: broccoli !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I never heard of it but it seems like someyhing you would NOT want to use on your body.

@chrystaltree  The guy who was selling it on a commercial sprayed it into his mouth....said it was perfectly safe....

Honored Contributor

@jlkz 

You and I aren't on the same course as far as thoughts on using this product on drain lines.  

I don't have a garbage disposal, but I do have several household drains that do not have water run thru them daily.  

When a drain sits, it smells, which is where I use a lot of my Don Aslett XO odor neutralizer.   

Respected Contributor

@RedTop 

Since the drains are getting used, the water that normally sits in the S- curve of the drain is slowly evaporating.  When it gets to a certain point, sewer gas comes up from below and is released.  Hence the smell.

The same thing happens when toilets are not used in vacation homes and water evaporates to the point where the water in the S-curve pipe evaporates.  Sewer gas has nothing to prevent it from coming into the bowl or air.

When we leave our FL condo for 9 months, the guy who comes in to check the premises always runs water i. Each sink and tub as well as flushes every toilet.  Otherwise, sewer gas would eventually be released.

So it is not a case of not being on the same page, I.e. having or not having a garbage disposal.  It is a case of physics.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@RedTop ................run water every week or so in those unused drains, that will prevent the sewer smell.  Stop wasting money on the odor neutralizer.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)