Respected Contributor

Re: Hello Back Fencers - meeting place for November 2018 - Come on by!

Ricky and Leah left at 4 this morning - how stupid to uproot two little people like that at that time of day. Why? The two CPS workers who accompanied them to Colorado wanted to leave early so they could return back today early. they got their wish. the little ones have arrived and I thank Denna for sending pictures via FB to me and others, to see. Must admit I am going to miss those two beautiful children. they will return in 3 weeks for court I just do not feel they will be returned to me - after all I am ancient. Yep, am also angry - long story but the good thing is the group which protects children, CPS, I think got their tail feathers tinged a bit on this one. They were caught in several bloopers but they seem to be usually absent for any punishment.

Super windy here and cold ad of course we have a HUGE brush fire going. Of course! Hardly slept last night and had a lot of Freeway driving to do today so hope to crash and sleep well tonight. doubt it but will try.

Hope all are well. Time for some warm coffee people!

Valued Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Ricky and Leah left at 4 this morning - how stupid to uproot two little people like that at that time of day. Why? The two CPS workers who accompanied them to Colorado wanted to leave early so they could return back today early. they got their wish. the little ones have arrived and I thank Denna for sending pictures via FB to me and others, to see. Must admit I am going to miss those two beautiful children. they will return in 3 weeks for court I just do not feel they will be returned to me - after all I am ancient. Yep, am also angry - long story but the good thing is the group which protects children, CPS, I think got their tail feathers tinged a bit on this one. They were caught in several bloopers but they seem to be usually absent for any punishment.

Super windy here and cold ad of course we have a HUGE brush fire going. Of course! Hardly slept last night and had a lot of Freeway driving to do today so hope to crash and sleep well tonight. doubt it but will try.

Hope all are well. Time for some warm coffee people!

I just wanted to tell you that you have been on my mind all day and my heart aches for you.  I have not been posting for long but have been reading for many years.  Peace to you.  And yes, I would agree that CPS lies and has their own agenda. 

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Aww sweetheart, I wondered how it went and now I know.  Was Davey there this morning?  I can only imagine the heartbreak at that God forsaken time of the morning in the dam* dark of all times of the day that could have been chosen.  I'm glad that you were sent pictures as you are the great great grandmother of both children, who's done the heavy lifting if I say so myself. 

I'll shut my mouth now  because it will only upset you and you need to find some way to get sleep which is easier said than done.  I would hope if the people have any questions about the kids routine or likes/dislikes, they call you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We had snow this morning Woman LOL  Sure, I'm laughing and excited now until it comes time to shovel several inches worth, lol.  I went grocery shopping today.  The local boy scout troop is collecting food for a popular food pantry tomorrow so i wanted to have a bag packed for them.  I had to go through a regular line because I had more than 20 items in my cart.  Good grief, some woman in the next line got aggitated because that cashier was havinng issues with a bottle return slip and so she started screaming and I mean screaming for a store manager.  The cashier in my line tried to make small talk with me and I said, really I don't want to be rude, but could you focus on scanning my items so that I can get out of here.  Women in my age range behaving like that (I nodded my head towards the screamer) make me extremely anxious.  

What a hot mess.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Image result for veterans day 2018

Good Morning, I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee and watching the clock as I have to be at a banquet hall by 11:15 for a 70th birthday surprise party.  The party is for my eldest niece's mother in law.  She's a nice woman; what I call 'good people.

I'm pretty sure that I am not the only one on my side of the family who is remembering the last birthday surprise party we attended.  It was the 60th birthday party for my eldest sister in 2016. Eldest sister was having some issues with one of her legs at that time and I remember telling my middle sister that I was so glad that the kids decided to surprise eldest sister with a birthday party. I never expected my eldest sister would be gone by the end of that year. 

It's weird how the mind works.  I didn't get up this morning with melancholy thoughts of my eldest sister's last birthday party.  The thoughts just came out of nowhere as I was eating granola bar and drinking coffee.

I guess that's enough of that.  My faith tells me that my sister wants for nothing.  She's with my parents and her beloved husband in a better place so today I will celebrate the birthday of another wonderful woman who has been very good to my eldest niece and her children.

Honored Contributor

The birthday party went very well yesterday and the celebrant was indeed surprised.

Today I raked the front yard and packed (really packed) 7 bags for pick up tomorrow.

Also found out the Nissan dealer that I bought my car from in October 2017 closed.  No notification.  After researching a little this morning the reason seems to be a lawsuit by Nissan alledging some financial discrepanices Woman Surprised

Trusted Contributor

Winifred,sorry your going through this rough time. Hope I don’t sound harsh,but maybe it’s times to take care off yourself for a change. 

Bernie my hubby has spent the last few days raking leaves,and hasn’t even touched the back yard,there’s still plenty to fall yet.

Horray,I’m done with physical therapy,it was a great help,but glad it’s over.

will be having thanksgiving again this year,I love doing it. Will be about 8 people here,give or take a few.

Honored Contributor

Hey @Epicurean  My shoulders got enough of a workout with the front yard, lol.  I'll rake the back yard a few bags at a time as the week progresses.  I have a large garage so there's space to store bags of leaves until next week's garbage pick up.  The goal is have them all up and gone before Thanksgiving.

For me, after going to dinner with relatives for a number of Thanksgiving holiday, I want to stay home this year.  Not much of a foodie so it makes no difference to me if I have a big dinner or not.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,thanksgiving is my favorite holiday,so I will cook a traditional dinner as long as I am able to stand on my feet. My family is welcome,along with other people who usually join us. If not,then I will cook for just hubby and I.i love the tradition of the holiday. It’s much less hassle than Christmas,which unfortunately has become all about shopping and gifts!

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  Change of plans, lol.  I asked my sister if she wanted to have Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year.  Sunday she said no.  Today she wants to have dinner so I guess I need to hit the grocery store sooner rather than later.