Super Contributor

I have MS and I get "victim blamed" all the time, as if I did something wrong.  Not only that, everyone knows someone who got "cured" by doing this or that or eating this or drinking that. How annoying!  In fact, I could meet up with a friend my age and be compared unfavorably to her, but for me, with MS, I'm doing damned good.  I just look like crud.

I am so blessed!

Frequent Contributor

I'll be 89 on October 1st. I feel fine. Work out and watch my diet. Everyone marvels that I can walk around in shoes and boots with 5 inch heels. I've been blessed with good DNA. 

OTKboots.png

Super Contributor

Re: Healthy at 70?

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady2 wrote:

I'll be 89 on October 1st. I feel fine. Work out and watch my diet. Everyone marvels that I can walk around in shoes and boots with 5 inch heels. I've been blessed with good DNA. 

And some of us marvel that anyone would want to walk around in shoots or boots with 5 inch heels.:  LOL

Regardless .. you look great!  

Super Contributor
@StylishLady2 You truly live up to your name. You inspire me to wear at least a kitten heel.
Trusted Contributor

@StylishLady2 wrote:

OTKboots.png

@StylishLady2  You look great! My great aunt lived to 96 wearing her heels! 

It's a blessing when your body does what you want it to do.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@StylishLady2 wrote:

OTKboots.png

@StylishLady2   YOU LOOK FABULOUS....  I love your attitude, with your head up high and posing.  GOOD FOR YOU ...   keep doing what you're doing, be happy and healthy and continue to love life.  IT SHOWS!

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach wrote:

I have MS and I get "victim blamed" all the time, as if I did something wrong.  Not only that, everyone knows someone who got "cured" by doing this or that or eating this or drinking that. How annoying!  In fact, I could meet up with a friend my age and be compared unfavorably to her, but for me, with MS, I'm doing damned good.  I just look like crud.

I am so blessed!

I'm sorry people are so inconsiderate.  Some mean well,  but some are just plan rude and mean.  I wish you stability with your MS and happiness.  Hoping that they will continue to make strides to find a cure or put people in remission.   All the best to you with happiness, and health.

Honored Contributor

@juanitalinda wrote:

Last month I went on vacation with a friend I hadn’t seen in a while.  We are the same chronological age, but we have aged very differently.  It was eye-opening to see the effects of pollution, poverty, and familial stress, despite her positive attitude, activity level and healthy diet. 

We had a great time, but I was surprised at how asthma, arthritis, osteoporosis, untreated hearing loss, and lingering effects from cancer treatment, combined to make her seem many years older than me.

I am so blessed. 

@juanitalinda 

I'd say she is blessed, too!

She has some medical issues, but they can be handled and she survived cancer!

True, stress, pollution and 'poverty' aren't good, but Bless her heart, Mother Teresa suffered all that and lived to 87.

Your friend eats well, is active and has a positive attitude. 

Regardless of how you perceive her appearance, she sounds like a real SweetHeart. 

Super Contributor

Re: Healthy at 70?

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm 

True, compared to many people, my friend is blessed.  

My comment had nothing to do with her appearance, but how much she missed out on and how many activities were either difficult or frightening to her

The asthma restricted her ability to climb stairs, the arthritis made walking painful, the osteoporosis made her leery of walking on cobblestones, etc, etc.  

From the sounds of it, she has broken some bones, but did not do physical therapy.  All those co-pays add up.

And she missed out on so much of what tour guides said because of the lack of hearing aids,    We decided against going to an off-Broadway play for the same reason. 

But she is hopeful the over-the-counter ones will be cheaper.  

Like I said, we had a great time .... but I fear she missed out on some things she would have enjoyed.

In spite of her best efforts, her activities were compromised by her health.