Trusted Contributor

Re: Heading to Vegas for 3 days -- alone. Ideas?

AB8E78CA-8D53-45FD-B797-923CFA77F30D.jpegHere is the spring display at the Bellagio. 

Honored Contributor

A tour to Red Rock Conservation area.  It's about a 30 minute drive from the Strip and an entirely different world.  It has an interesting visitor's center and a very scenic 13 mile loop drive.  Highly recommend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enjoy the wedding!  I love Vegas but I don't love the dry, hot weather.  I'd take in the shows, do some shopping or high end window shopping.  Relax by the pool during the days.  Get my hair and nails done.  As for the brides mother, my daughter has a "difficult" mother in law too  but in a situation like this, I would spend time with the woman.  First, it's just the two of us and company is good.  Second, if I spent time with her, that would keep her away from the bride&groom.  It would put some distance between them and deserve that.

Honored Contributor

I have gone alone about 5 times.  I love it.

The Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art is wonderful.  I love impressionism and it's a nice way to see a small collection without a lot of snobby museum people ;o)

The Bellagio fountains outside day or night are great to see.

I second Donny & Marie.  I am a fan, but I know people who aren't fans who really enjoyed it.  I will say with all the money they have brought into the Flamingo for the last 10 years, one would think they could freshen up that room.

I always go to the Canyon Ranch Spa in the Venetian.  They have a wonderful place to eat there as well based on Canayon Ranch recipes.

There's always the Mall, which I think is across the street from the Venetian, but if you live near a mall already, there's nothing special to see there.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1First, CONGRATULATIONS.  I hope your son and his fiancee have a wonderful marriage and life together!

As for Vegas, I was there about 10 years ago for a meeting.  But, in my little spare time, I saw a Cirque de Soleil show and walked the strip.  The show was wonderful!  And so energizing after a long, tiring day.  Along the strip, the one must-see place for me was the Venetian.  Lot's of great shops, but the setting was the best.... a canal (indoors), with a beautiful sky above.  I could have spent more time (and money!) there.  Speaking of money, I went to a two-fer place for my ticket.  

So, my recommendation would be to see as many shows as you can, and spend some time at the Venetian.  And, have a great time!

Super Contributor

this is going to sound corny but the tour of entertainer Wayne Newton's estate is very interesting...you see his home, lots of memorabilia from his career, and his stables - he's one of the top breeders of Arabian horses in the world.  I can't remember the name of his estate, but I'm sure you can google it.  Also Celine Dion puts on a wonderful show.

Have fun!!

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the ideas!  

FYI: Fiance mother & father are not coming.  I am going myself (alone). 

Love the idea idea of seeing Terry Fador show.  I checked out a few things on Vegas site.  One thing I don't want to do is "venture" out late night alone.  

I booked a different hotel they are staying at another hotel. Yes, mid-June it will be 🔥🔥🔥🔥 so I do know i'll hang out at pool during the day.  I am going to go to Fremont Street with them one evening.  

Thanks everyone - 3 days isn't a long time to plan much since 1 day is traveling.  My return flight is the "red eye".

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters

that is beautiful!  I saw the show last time I was there but not "Spring".

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in the Las Vegas area.  What hotel are you staying at?  I'd also suggest Caesar's Forum shops as well as Terry Fator.  He put on a great show.  I would not rent a car and some of the places mentioned you would have to drive to get there.  Fashion Show Mall has a lot of great stores and places to eat.  Also check out the website Tix4tonight as you can purchase discounted show tickets in person after 9 am at their kiosk.  It' located on the strip.

@homedecor1 wrote:

Thank you all for the ideas!  

FYI: Fiance mother & father are not coming.  I am going myself (alone). 

Love the idea idea of seeing Terry Fador show.  I checked out a few things on Vegas site.  One thing I don't want to do is "venture" out late night alone.  

I booked a different hotel they are staying at another hotel. Yes, mid-June it will be 🔥🔥🔥🔥 so I do know i'll hang out at pool during the day.  I am going to go to Fremont Street with them one evening.  

Thanks everyone - 3 days isn't a long time to plan much since 1 day is traveling.  My return flight is the "red eye".

Esteemed Contributor

There's always shows and shopping.  Most of the hotels have free lounge acts.  The Liberace Museum is fun.