Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,844
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@sherrikay was it that he had an actual book that was different or just that he chose to read that instead of his phone at the bar?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,091
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@sherrikay wrote:

good one just bee


@sherrikay 

 

Just stating a fact! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,114
Registered: ‎08-21-2014

@just bee wrote:

Enjoying a glass of Nero d'Avola and listening to local talk radio.

 

Anyone else having wine?

 

Nero d' Avola | Wine and Grape Guide | Italyabroad.com

 


I am. I ran to the store to get some Easter plush on sale for the dogs and grabbed wine while I was there. Warming up dinner from last night, Easy night with wine 😊

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,091
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@prettychis wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Enjoying a glass of Nero d'Avola and listening to local talk radio.

 

Anyone else having wine?

 

Nero d' Avola | Wine and Grape Guide | Italyabroad.com

 


I am. I ran to the store to get some Easter plush on sale for the dogs and grabbed wine while I was there. Warming up dinner from last night, Easy night with wine 😊


@prettychis 

 

Red or white?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,091
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@sherrikay wrote:
I know this isn't news worthy,but while I was waiting for pizza,I had a cocktail


@sherrikay 

 

Okay, I just have to ask.

 

What did you order?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,459
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

@sherrikay 

 

I've been off before my friend and went to where we were going to have dinner and read and had a martini until she got there because I was in a time crunch.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,091
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@ECBG wrote:

@sherrikay 

 

I've been off before my friend and went to where we were going to have dinner and read and had a martini until she got there because I was in a time crunch.


@ECBG 

 

Shaken or stirred?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,459
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

@on the bay 

 

Not to steal the thread, but wanted to send you a Smiley Happy smile since it's hard to @ you.

 

Puppy is having his dinner.  Our two grandsons ran him to death yesterday!  He had a wonderful time and hot fed fresh green beans.Smiley Happy

Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,046
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

It also could be the same reason people look at their phones or ipad-something to do if they are alone.

(though people look at their phones when with others all the time).

And some people are used to sitting at a bar-maybe where they always sit.

We used to go to an Irish bar 

and everyone took their same seats all the time.

Someone sitting alone is surrounded by company but also has a book to entertain them. Maybe even waiting for a friend or a take out order also.

Well, I hope you liked the pizza and wine @sherrikay!😋

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor
Posts: 30,459
Registered: ‎01-08-2011

@just bee wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@sherrikay 

 

I've been off before my friend and went to where we were going to have dinner and read and had a martini until she got there because I was in a time crunch.


@ECBG 

 

Shaken or stirred?


@just bee 

 

Shaken, bruised is fine.  I like it very, very, VERY cold!Smiley Happy