Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

It also could be the same reason people look at their phones or ipad-something to do if they are alone.

(though people look at their phones when with others all the time).

And some people are used to sitting at a bar-maybe where they always sit.

We used to go to an Irish bar 

and everyone took their same seats all the time.

Someone sitting alone is surrounded by company but also has a book to entertain them. Maybe even waiting for a friend or a take out order also.

Well, I hope you liked the pizza and wine @Luvsmyfam!😋

@on the bay 

Irish bar... books...

Were they reading James Joyce? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: Having a cocktail

[ Edited ]

@ECBG,

Aw so glad shadow had a good time and was spoiled for Easter! Of course he should be every day!Heart

Speaking of wine, we did have a red something or other for Easter-it was wonderful to get together outside on her sunporch where you feel like you are sitting in the trees.

She made her own pizza a few days before.

I am always amazed she is my daughter and how much I lucked out with my children. I know I am very lucky. I will always remember this first time getting together with both families after so long.We still wear masks when we are all together (unless we are eating) because of the little ones and my other daughter.

It sounds like you had a great vigorous😃 time too!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Having a cocktail

[ Edited ]

@just bee,

lol! Most likelySmiley Happy,

though really, I thin I might be surprised to see some one reading a book in an Irish bar!

Yeah, moroe like in a college town-those English professors!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@just bee,

lol! Most likelySmiley Happy,

though really, I thin I might be surprised to see some one reading a book in an Irish bar!

Yeah, moroe like in a college town-those English professors!

@on the bay 

They all read William Blake! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

You've never seen people read?  I've always been an avid reader, I read everywhere and anywhere.  I have indeed seen people read at the bar or while they eat.  It's tablets and readers now before that 📚 and magazines.  

Respected Contributor
No,I have never seen a person read in a bar.but.....to each in this case,her own
When I go to a bar,it is either to pick up food,or get a adult beverage.gotta be careful tho
Don't want any dui s
Respected Contributor

I live in a college town.  People will pick up anything, anywhere and read it.  I do the same.  Weird, I know.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
I know this isn't news worthy,but while I was waiting for pizza,I had a cocktail
Across the bar was a patron reading a book.never ever seen this before.

Reading a book? I wouldn't have noticed. Lots of people are by themselves in restaurants and bars, and I see them using their phones, reading books, writing, working, drawing, daydreaming...I've done all those things myself...of course, not since last March!

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

AAAAAAHHHHHHH, cocktails,   back in the day - a cocktail at the bar, remember those glorious unrestricted days?  Ah yes, a KetelOne vodka Martini - xxxdri and ONE olive please and thank you!

Respected Contributor

oh yum ko.titos is my poison.grey goose is another