Respected Contributor
I know this isn't news worthy,but while I was waiting for pizza,I had a cocktail
Across the bar was a patron reading a book.never ever seen this before.
Honored Contributor

Well it's 5 o'clock where I am, assuming it is where you're enjoying your cocktail. So yeah, you talked me into fixing myself one.

Cheers to you!!! @Luvsmyfam 

Honored Contributor

I've read a book in a bar while my husband played cards. I've also had drinks at a bar. One is far more satisfying.

Esteemed Contributor

One of 2 - person doesn't want conversation - not there to meet you

Or..........really good book ...leave me alone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Having a cocktail

[ Edited ]

That's weird!

I have seen this several times.

A nice way to spend a leisurely time to themselves.

And also maybe a little less feeling awkward about sitting in a bar by themselves. Not wanting to seem lonely but just enjoying themselves.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Before COVID my husband traveled for work a lot. He often went to restaurants alone. It's awkward so I could see someone reading while waiting for dinner or anything for that matter. 

Honored Contributor

Enjoying a glass of Nero d'Avola and listening to local talk radio.

Anyone else having wine?

Nero d' Avola | Wine and Grape Guide | Italyabroad.com

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

have to say this,it sure was a pleasure getting out.i took this week off from my other job,so I thought,pizza and cocktail sure sounds good.yes,I can see while waiting for a meal,but not at a bar.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:
I know this isn't news worthy,but while I was waiting for pizza,I had a cocktail
Across the bar was a patron reading a book.never ever seen this before.

@Luvsmyfam 

Not surprising.  All my English professors were alcoholics. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

good one just bee