Honored Contributor

Re: 🎄Having Ourselves a Verry Little Christmas🎄

@Shanus 

maybe I'm relieved not only from "holiday" expectations but my spouse has been "ill" since February so this year have been a real eye opener with lots of changes.

But what really unnerves me his "so called golf buddies female & male " have yet to call or inquire how he is! YET, they were always the FIRST to come open house we held: heck free drinks & food -- why not?

(and my spouse was always the first they'd call for something)

My friends near and far have either stopped by with dinner or a "knock at the door to say hi"!

Guess we find out who are "true" friends when illness strikes🙄or maybe it's me🤷‍♀️ either way I'm actually fine with how the holiday are now....

I know many who feel this way🙂🎄

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I'm sorry your DH has been ill, worse that your "friends disappointed you. I'd give them a little slack. Who knows what their lives have been like during all these months, right? I think everyone's been a little self-absorbed. 

Hope he's doing better. Happy Holidays.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thank you and I'm a not as nice as he is😉

Trusted Contributor

@house_cat , your cat is PRECIOUS!!!!!   I love cats.   I am single and live alone and will be staying by myself on Christmas.  I have no problem with that.      Hopefully by this time next year, we can be with our family and friendsWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

Found out this morning my BIL tested positive for covid.  I was supposed to drive up on Wednesday to stay with my sister and him for a few days.  I should get my test results tomorrow.

But ... now I'll be home alone.  I've never spent Christmas by myself, so this is a first.  

Our family always had a very big Christmas Eve celebration as it was also my younger nephew's and dad's birthdays.  Dad passed last year.  

I'm hoping to drive up Sunday for a few days so we can celebrate together.  My older nephew and his wife had a baby girl in September and I know we have to be safe for her.

But, coming from an over the top Italian family, this is a first for me.

@roeroe1005 

Make your "Christmas" in 3 weeks.Smiley Happy  Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures!!!

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

Just me this year!  First time ever alone for Christmas. It will be fine just like Thanksgiving was.

Will watch Christmas movies and relax and come here and social media too. 

Friends and family and I will be texting like we did Thanksgiving too.

I will miss my family being together but I will still have joy and peace.

Man WinkMan Happy

@CherryHugs   I'll be thinking about you and hope you enjoy the day.

Valued Contributor

Its Me, DH and our furbaby kitty this year. We're in a new town and a new place. Its supposed to rain all weekend so we're happy to be staying put and enjoying the long weekend with each other. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

Just my older son and me.

Respected Contributor

We are having my SIL, her husband and her husband's father for Christmas.  The same group gathered for Thanksgiving.  SIL, her husband, DH and myself have all been working from home.  My kids are also home. Nobody has been going anywhere except for essentials so I think we will all be safe.