Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen on You Tube: Cathedrals? Castles?

Husband and I don't travel any great distance any more, let alone Europe. I am always checking out the travel videos on You Tube. If my health status improves, my son and I are going to Central Poland next summer. There are some beautiful castles and churches in that area.

Esteemed Contributor

I lived in Europe for eight years and have been to many other countries world wide.  I have been to many castles and cathedrals (including St.Peters, Monte Cassino, Assisi, Noted Dame, West Minister, Chartre, castles along the Rhine, etc).  My favorite (had been on  my Bucket list since a poster of it was on the wall of my French class) is Mt.San Michele.  Another thing that is great for armchair travellers: Rick Steve's has a number of slide show talks (for lack of better term) for smart phones (Apple store) that we actually used when touring St.Peters and (separate video series) for Sistine Chapel.  

Esteemed Contributor

@hellie jo 

What a wonderful experience that must have been. 

How long were you in Austria, if you don't mind my asking.

A man I dated long ago had lived in Spain for many years (government work) and wanted to marry me and return there.

Didn't work out, but it was a nice dream while it lasted Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Hi. I lived in Austria for 9 years and 1 year in Italy.My dad worked for the government.I was so lucky to have traveled throughout Europe.