Honored Contributor

Have you seen on You Tube: Cathedrals? Castles?

The Cathedrals just blow me away.  We're so lucky to be able to see these these things from the comfort of our homes.  In person would have been wonderful though.  Can't do that now.  (Physically).  The Castles are amazing too.  Just beautiful.  I love to see these things.  

Have you ever been able to go in person to see any of these overseas?  Just amazing!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen on You Tube: Cathedrals? Castles?

Yes I loved visiting St. Peter's Bascilica in Rome...of course while we were there we got to see the Sistine Chapel which was so beautiful...even the hallways going up to the chapel were amazing!

We also saw several in France but didn't get to Notre Dame.  I'm going on a trip to southern Spain in June and there will be a few there that we'll see.  While I think they are beautiful with the amazing architecture and artwork, sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.  

Two years ago we took a family trip to Ireland and visited several castles, many of them in ruins.  Among the most exciting and wonderful time that we had was to spend two nights in at Ballynahinch Castle in Connemara that's now a beautiful hotel.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago, my husband and I toured the Loire Valley, spending every day visiting castles, I can't recall how many we saw but the trip was fantastic. The castles are works of art. In many cases their gardens are just as spectacular. I am so glad we took that trip, as well as the visits to Notre Dame, Chartres, Reims, and other famous cathedrals of France.

Honored Contributor

Lovely!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I lived in Austria and there are so many castles and cathedrals.Also able to go to other countries to see more.I had an aunt that lived at the foothills of a mountain and if you were on her deck and looked to your left,there was a castle.It was privately owned.Just beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

The Cathedrals just blow me away.  We're so lucky to be able to see these these things from the comfort of our homes.  In person would have been wonderful though.  Can't do that now.  (Physically).  The Castles are amazing too.  Just beautiful.  I love to see these things.  

Have you ever been able to go in person to see any of these overseas?  Just amazing!!!

Thanks for posting this information, I will have to watch this video!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMGosh...........Just received, this morning, a photo screen showing MONT-SAINT-MICHEL, France.

So beautiful.

(from HoloLens2) via Microsoft, I believe.   

'Microsoft.com/inculture/arts'  

Take a look!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Isn't the world lucky that people in various countries have preserved these beautiful works of art.

Instead of tearing down everything 'old', etc.

The best of luck, and hoping that these treasures remain forever.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Thanks for recommending this @qualitygal !

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been to Barcelona Spain and FELL in LOVE with the Segrada Familia (The Holy Family) started by Gaudi!  What a FABULOUS FABULOUS  artistic church❣️ It is still under construction with doing the last steeple/spire. It is to be completed in 2026 - 200 year contruction. I would love to go back after it's done and I'm sure there's more I missed.  Being artistic myself, I am in awe of the all the artistic work and features inside (especially) and out. The Vatican has nothing on this amazing church!  I suggest checking it out; but, nothing compares to seeing it in person.