Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever skipped a day (or a week)?

Oh, that's another thing, @qualitygal

The wearing of watches.  I found I hardly ever need one now, except maybe for board meetings, now that I'm retired.

I fell into the mindset that QVC's master saleswoman LR kept telling us, that we need to be watch collectors!  So over the years I dutifully bought the cute, pretty, inexpensive ones that caught my eye and happily wore them to work.

Now that I'm not working, it no longer seems important to "finish" an outfit with a watch.  

When I do wear one, I usually default to the Judith Ripka rectangular face, zero bling, quilted leather strap in beige, stainless steel, normal buckle.  I don't think QVC offers it any longer.  It goes with everything.

Image result for judith ripka watch quilted leather band

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

It seems as though time is going faster now but I know that is impossible.  A day seems to go by like a half a day, months feel like weeks now and sometimes I have to stop and think what year it is because years just speed by much faster to me than they did before! 

We are retired and one might think time would go slower!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yes, especially since I retired. 

Honored Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

It seems as though time is going faster now but I know that is impossible.  A day seems to go by like a half a day, months feel like weeks now and sometimes I have to stop and think what year it is because years just speed by much faster to me than they did before! 

We are retired and one might think time would go slower!!

Oh yes!    I remember when 'old people' would say things like how fast time goes as you get older.  Of course we would just pshaw it off like 'oh goodness...the things old people say'.

Then you're living it!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Now that I am retired I make sure that I look at the calendar daily.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I have skipped a day.....but not a week. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Thinking about it (yes, I do think too much!), I can kind of see the missing week thing.    How many times it's been like the beginning of a new year and then *BAM* it's May!   Smiley Happy   

That's more than a week, but I do it a lot within a given month where it seems like the month just started and now it's in the 3rd week.

Honored Contributor

A day yes, but never a week yet. Especially since retirement. 

Respected Contributor

I keep asking my husband what day is it. Since Sunday. He just looks at me ?

Respected Contributor

(2nd post on this thread) I keep a huge calendar marked up with all my g-kids sports events (I attend all), plus some of my own things. I call it "my schedule". For awhile I even kept 2 calendars, 1 just for the g-kids & 1 for me. Now I mostly keep all on their calendar. I never know when they are going to change things up on me, & I need to know their schedule when planning my own. Then there are days when I don't have to pick them up, & nothing on their schedule, that I might sleep the entire day. I have to rest up for them,lol....