Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever skipped a day (or a week)?

I'm having the worst time with *trash* days right now!

I have to keep up with 3 homes, *off season* and *in season*, and from one day a week to twice a week pickup. 

And I still don't know which days are recycle days.

So now I have a ton of cardboard out in pouring rain and it's been raining for 3 days and it's going to rain for another three days.  It may be pummelled down to cotton by the time it gets picked up!

Respected Contributor

I used to, but I have a  magnetic Calendar on the Frig that I print the day i  of the week for the whole month, and I cross it off every-night and that way It gives me a visual picture of what day it is. I also found a small one for my inside of my front door and I just write " Today is , and put the day and date every-night it really works for me. I also have a paper calendar on my desk and I write where I went  for each day, or say stayed home, and that keeps me on track.

Respected Contributor

Mine probalem mostly is my phone number because it isn't something I use a lot. I can always remember if I have to dial it, but when asked by some one it takes a second, and I always kid with them it's because "I don't call myself".

Esteemed Contributor

Being retired, I don’t always think about what day it is. However, I go to exercise classes, so I do have to think about day, date, and time. My husband has Alzheimer’s and always asks what day it is, so I’ve gotten better at keeping track. Because of his memory loss, my husband needs reminders on stickies and calendars. They help...if he looks at them.

Honored Contributor

Hellooooooooooooooooo, every now and then the weekly day fairy creeps in and a calendar does me no good since I have the wrong day going for me.  I guess that's why it seems silly to wear my watch. It even happens on weekends.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

Being retired, I don’t always think about what day it is. However, I go to exercise classes, so I do have to think about day, date, and time. My husband has Alzheimer’s and always asks what day it is, so I’ve gotten better at keeping track. Because of his memory loss, my husband needs reminders on stickies and calendars. They help...if he looks at them.

I use to set up a desk calendar where you peel off each day so my dad could see what day it was.  It didn't really matter to him, it was just a daily question of his. 

Honored Contributor

If I lost an entire week, I'd be terrified.  If I lost a week it could only because there was something terribly wrong with me.  I have "lost" a day but not for the entire day.  Usually by late afternoon, it kicks in that this is Thursday and not Wednesday.  I think that's quite normal, it happens to all of us occassionally.  Mores so now that I work from my home office because I don't have those reminders that I would have in the office.  When it happens to me, I wake up thinking it's Friday when it's really Thursday and I say "have a good weekend" for most of the day.  I've even faxed my timesheet in had had my boss fax back.... "one more day to go, I wish it was Fri too".  

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Oh yeh!  Since retiring many years ago, it is more the norm than the exception. Days/weeks and even the month at times. When I have schedules to meet, that I very seldom forget, or mistake the day. No time or day planned? No reason for me to care much about passing time, be it the day or week.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

It happens to me at least every other week!

Respected Contributor

Oh yes! Since I've retired, but even more so since my mom passed away-2yrs ago. When Mom was here, I was her caregiver, so her schedule keep me aware of time.