Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever felt that a deceased loved one has reached out to you?

Yes, I have been reached out to.  I wondered, who am I to have been given this most precious gift from God.  And I know that you all don't know me, but I can assure you, there is everlasting life after our earthly chores are done.  You don't have to worry.

Trusted Contributor

@maestra wrote:

When my DMIL passed 5 years ago just before Mother's Day, her cell phone began to ring; it had been turned off.

My DH picked up the phone which immedialtely showed a photo of DMIL and DFIL together as old adults, walking down the beach, hand in hand. They had been married over 65 years.

We took this sign that she was w/the love of her life and they were happy together.

If offered great comfort to DH, who was broken by his mother's unexected passing

WoW, this is wonderful....what a great comfort for your both...my parents both died in a car accident,  I believe it was how they wanted to go,   together...no pain and instant and with each other....

Is your maestra for the city near Venice, Italy? 

Respected Contributor

YES! I have many visits. I'm an only child, have lost both parents. I guess I tend to focus on the "messages" being from them, but they could actually be from any loved ones. 

Not even a week after my mom passed, I was eating with a friend. Someone's phone rang, with my moms ring tone. Hers wasnt' any "average" ring tone, it was that emergency tone. I dropped my fork, with tears flowing. I knew it was from her. Daddy passed away several yrs before mom. I never really noticed any signs I thought from were from him, but I'm sure there were. After mom has passed, I seem more aware of the signs. Daddy's work nickname was Snoopy. Sometimes a Snoopy meme will pop up on Facebook, & I know it's daddy. Awhile back, I intended to call a friend all day, but kept getting distracted. I had her on my mind all day, she passed away that night, totally unexpectedly. I know she was saying goodbye to me. 

Just yesterday, I was sitting on outside.  I caught a glimpse of movement out of the corner of my eye. There was the tiniest feather out of nowhere, blowing slowly across my patio. I don't know who it was, but I knew it was someone saying hello. 

Another friend who worked for the railroad, passed away a few yrs ago. Every time I really notice a train, I know it's him saying hello.

There are always signs, you just have to be aware. Thank you for this thread, I loved hearing the stories!! 

Valued Contributor

I just want to thank everyone again for sharing their stories. I'm trying to take comfort from reading them, but it's hard since I have not felt anything from my mother. I cry every day because I miss her so. I hope that someday I'll be lucky and somehow know that she's OK. Until then, I am just heartbroken.

Respected Contributor

A few days before my Mother had passed, she told me the word "Duda" meant "dove" in her native language of Latvian. She passed in the hospital just before sunrise and when I drove home later that morning there was a dove in the driveway. I believe it was a sign.

Respected Contributor

Yes. Definitely. And I know others who have heard from or seen their deceased loved ones in various ways. I won't take time to detail the numerous experiences I have had. To say that they changed my life is an understatement.

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I just want to thank everyone again for sharing their stories. I'm trying to take comfort from reading them, but it's hard since I have not felt anything from my mother. I cry every day because I miss her so. I hope that someday I'll be lucky and somehow know that she's OK. Until then, I am just heartbroken.

Take comfort in the fact that your mother is always beside you. You may not feel or see anything. Losing ones mother is the worst feeling in the world. It's  a sad part of life that we have to see our parents go. It sounds like she raised a good daughter. She did her purpose and wants to see you happy.

Honored Contributor

I tend to think it's more us reaching out to them.  I don't think people come back in other forms.  It is nature that speaks to us.   If you see a butterfly, for instance, it flys free because it has new life out of the cocoon.  It is not the spirit of someone.... but it might spark your imagination or secret longings.  There is evil in this world and it is a known fact that evil spirits have tried to make people believe that they are people you once knew.  They are wolves in sheeps clothing and can be very convincing presenting themselves as "angels of light". Imo, it is dangerous to have anything to do with them. I would highly advise against it.

Trusted Contributor

Yes; I truly believe I received a little pat on the shoulder from my deceased mother-in-law at Thanksgiving and I felt a touch on my shoulder. The place was pretty busy so I thought perhaps a server had accidentally bumped my head. I looked around to see who had bumped me and there was NO ONE. I didn't know what to do so I just resumed my meal and forgot about it.

Some other time my cat and I were having--for some unknowable reason--a stare-down. It was a REAL stare-down; not hostile, but "just" gazing into each other's eyes. All of a sudden it felt as though we connected psychically. It lasted for ust a few seconds but it really connected us.

Honored Contributor

That's a fairly common occurrence with my family ... with stories going back generations.

We are fairly open about discussing our death, our wishes, etc.  We were discussing "eternity" with our parents ... about who they wanted to see when they they reached Heaven. 

I asked my mother if she ran into a certain ancestor, to find out where he was born and figure out a way to get the information to me so I can continue working on our genealogy.

It took about a year,  but one day when I was reading through the German records for the millionth time ... the words just jumped off the page at me.  I know it was Mom ...

There are stories like that all over my famly.