Respected Contributor

Have you ever felt in danger of kidnapping?

[ Edited ]

So many scary things in the world today with kidnappings and trafficking etc.  Did you ever have an experience that scared you and/or was a close call to a possible kidnapping or something? 

What happened to me was around age 16 a friend and I were at a downtown store.  This van was parked at the curb and this man tried everything  to get us to get into the van. At first my friend thought it was her Uncle but it was not.  We were so scared and we ran into the store and they called the police. Of course the van was gone by then and we never at that age thought to try and get a license number. It left us being fearful for years!

Respected Contributor

I took a walk one night over to my sister's house who only lived a few blocks away.  We live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone.  I was walking back home on the sidewalk and a car was parked across the street.  As I near the area almost directly across from him, he got out and started to cross the street toward me.  I was not even worried in the slightest.  I figured maybe he live in one of the houses there.  As he got close enough to pass he reached out and grabbed me by the belt.  I bolted and never looked back.  I ran to my house.  I don't think he chased me, at least I didn't hear him running after me.  I called the police and they came and we road around looking for the car but couldn't find it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever have a scary thing happen?

I can't recall anything like that but I've had scary things happen.  I dwell on them.  Put them in the past and move on.  

Respected Contributor

YES of course. But i was talking about a situation such as i wrote about.

Super Contributor

When I was 15 yo I was walking home after a school basketball game which ended at 9:30 pm.  Most of my friends live on the other side of town so I didn't have anyone to

walk home with me.

I was just a block away from my house when a man was walking up the hill opposite 

me.  Suddenly he snuck up and had his arm around my neck & face.  I was in complete

shock and could not scream. He was grabbing me hard so I could not get away.  First he shoved me into a volkswagon bug, when I kept resisting his advances he deicded to lead me to a basement of a house. There I was held until morning after attempting to r----p me  The morning came and suddenly after me talking all night "why do this to me?" he let me go. My mother and brother were so upset that they had called the police that night and phoned all my friends.  No one knew where I was.  I  led the detectives where I was grabbed and held and they tracked down the older teen(  (about 19) arrested him.  He went to prison after I told my story to a grand jury..

Trusted Contributor

I WAS kidnapped many years ago. Without going into details, I was so frightened that, emotionally, I kind of closed off my feelings for a few years.

When Patti Hearst was kidnapped, raped. and imprisioned in a closet for a couple of months and raped,then captured by the cops and sent to prison, I was infuriated. "People" said she should have tried to escape. In a situation like that, you do whatever you're told to do because you want to come out of the situlation ALIVE. And I'm glad for her that she DID.

This isn't a plea for sympathy or anything like that; it's just that people who are so judgemental should get their butts off their high horses and realize they DON'T know the whole story.

Trusted Contributor

What an awful thing to happen to a young girl like that. I'm so glad you survived it--at least, outwardly. Do you still have repercussions? i.e., nightmares, not wanting to get close to other people, etc? What happened to me was many years ago but I still --  ocasionally --  have nightmares about it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you ever felt in danger of kidnapping?

I'm so sorry this happened to you...cyberhugs to you for surviving it.

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I can't recall anything like that but I've had scary things happen.  I dwell on them.  Put them in the past and move on.  

Easier said than done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever felt in danger of kidnapping?

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear

As a young fatherless boy, I met what I considered some very strange men, and women. Had a paper route when I was 8 years old, and on my day to collect, 1 lady always answered the door wearing nothing. Did nothing, but was sure an eye opener for that/this young boy.

Now as an old man? If someone wants to do me harm, they had better be ready, because I am always locked and loaded.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)