Honored Contributor

Re: Have u changed jobs or resigned recently?

Nah, just fantasizing.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

My friend just dumped her underpaid and overworked job. She just said enough is enough. I would encourage you to stop being so agreeable to doing so much work. Start slowing down to do a normal work load. The more people accomodate this kind of thing, the more employers keep being abusive in this way. It is abusive to make someone work longer and harder than is physically possible. Also talk to your boss and say I can only do this much in a day. Be truthful and assertive. If you decide to look for another job, make sure you have a modern resume with the proper key words to meet the algorythm that computers use to weed out applicants. If you don't have the experience and the key words on your resume, you go into the no pile. Take out all fancy fonts and lines on your resume. Make it plain and list your accomplishments not tasks although get those keywords in. Keep it to one page or going back 10 years if you are older. No need to start the age discrimination ahead of time. Good luck on this. 

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I was told to do something or be fired from my work at home job, I declined, quit & Thanked the company for hiring me, sadly their reply wished me & my family ill. I needed that job since I lost my pension, oh well on to better...maybe.

@kitcat51   No need to elaborate, but if you refused to do something illegal or immoral, you could possibly qualify for unemployment benefits.  Best to file and let the UI people make a determination.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 there are days,I'd live to say bye bye to both jobs,due to ignorant bosses.but then I take a reality check and think otherwise

Contributor

I'm almost 67 and still working full time, so at my age I'm not considering a job change.  But if I was younger I would sure be out there seeking the big bucks!  Best time ever in my  51 years of working to be an employee!   But I must say that my employer shocked me when he gave my yearly salary increase a few weeks ago-it was the largest raise in the 16 years I have worked there.  Guess he appreciates us that stay. 

Esteemed Contributor

I changed jobs within the same State Agency because the office I was working at, the higher ups weren’t reporting when staff had the virus to have office cleaned.

They were giving them directives not to say anything. Higher ups think that because a person is vaccinated everything is ok. 

Two co-workers called me to let me know since I had been around them but to please not say anything. I double masked while I waited for my results and tried my best to stay away from everyone. 

So so glad to be in a completely different office where employee safety is priority. Even though office isn’t close, we’ve been working from home because our supervisor doesn’t want to risk our health.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I was told to do something or be fired from my work at home job, I declined, quit & Thanked the company for hiring me, sadly their reply wished me & my family ill. I needed that job since I lost my pension, oh well on to better...maybe.

@kitcat51 

Flipping unbelievable. That is an evil person that wished that upon your family.

Frequent Contributor

I'm ready to pack it in on my high stress job. My brother just passed from covid and am leaving town tomorrow to go to his wake and funeral.
My boss texts me this morning telling me that I left her in a jam with info she needed for financial reports.
I asked her last month about giving her this info and she told me she would let me know when she needed it.
She does this frequently like when It on vacation.
Today was the last straw, putting pressure on me when she knows that I was hit hard by my brother's death.
I can't stand being manipulated by don't who can't get their head out of their own butt!
Respected Contributor

@kitcat51  If the company put that nasty response in writing, I would post it online after applying for unemployment.  They may just change their mind about paying unemployment if they see that post.....

Wow, talk about bad publicity - no one will want to work for them based on such a mean response, especially since you thanked them for hiring you. 

Curious on what company...a national one or a small hometown kind of business.  Large corporations would look very unkind on one of their management teams behaving that way.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have worked for over 40 years.  Have a pension and great health insurance from the Federal Government and receive social security from working for a doctor for over 20 years, plus other means of income.  I finally retired from my lousy 2 hour commute and I'm able to live a slower pace for the first time in my life.   I will never work again and be stressed out all the time.   For once in my life I'm the boss!