Esteemed Contributor

Have u changed jobs or resigned recently?

[ Edited ]

Given the "great resignation" that is going on where record numbers of people are quitting their jobs, have you changed jobs? I have not (I'm at my same company), but I am about worked to death! The amount of work I do is way out of proportion to a single job.....so I am thinking about a change...I am so overworked, its crazy. ..I am curious about others...if You are someone in the workforce.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have u changed jobs or resigned recently?

@Goldengate8361    One word of advice...although its not easy, find a new job before quitting your present one.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No.  Definitely the wrong time of year.  Most retail stores don't hire during clearance months.

Respected Contributor

I was told to do something or be fired from my work at home job, I declined, quit & Thanked the company for hiring me, sadly their reply wished me & my family ill. I needed that job since I lost my pension, oh well on to better...maybe.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what type of work you do but it is my understanding that employers are in need of help. I see help wanted signs on many places. I heard that 4.5 million have quit their jobs but there are 11 million openings. I would secure another position before I quit. I wish you the best.

Frequent Contributor

I have retired from nursing before Covid so I feel blessed.  Many of my ICU nurse friends have either retired, or changed jobs from bedside nursing because of burnout due to Covid.

In my husband's job, 75% of the workforce has left leaving him and a handful of people to do the job of 4.  He is very stressed.  He decided to retire at the end of this year when he turns 62.  Not optimal with him not being 65 yet, and looking for other options for healthcare, but he is in burnout too.  Financially we can do it, so it is an easy option.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I was told to do something or be fired from my work at home job, I declined, quit & Thanked the company for hiring me, sadly their reply wished me & my family ill. I needed that job since I lost my pension, oh well on to better...maybe.

Can't you file for unemployment? I would try that avenue .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, I'm three years away from being eligible for retirement with full health benefits, so I can't walk away from that, not to mention fully funded pension plan plus company-matched 401(k).  Even in 3 years, I'm too young (as far as I'm concerned) to retire, but too old (yes, it's a reality) to jump ship for something new.  So, I'm staying with my current employer as long as possible.  I do love my job, anyway, so regardless of retirement, I really don't have a desire to leave.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Can't you file for unemployment? I would try that avenue .

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't qualify in my State.

Honored Contributor

Nope, I am retired.  When I was 55 I had had enough.  i went go work on Monday morning, handed in my resignation with two weeks notice and  promptly took two weeks of my vacation on the spot.

No regrets.  After that I volunteered at a school for six years, ( three hours a day) until COVID hit.  Now, I am unemployed and enjoying my time at home.