Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have a dilemma - need advice.

@ECBG wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@ncascade wrote:

ECBG: Free babysitting! That is what this is all about.

Are you referring to the OP's situation?  Because it's not at all about free babysitting. The daughter is not a child, and she works when she's there.  Babysitting (free or otherwise) has nothing to do with it.

The situation described by @ECBG is completely different.

@NYC Susan,Thanks.  I goofed, misread, whatever.Smiley Happy

No worries!   I'm just pointing out that your situation was different than what the OP described.  I'm disagreeing with ncascade's contention that the OP's housekeeper was looking for free babysitting.  It's perfectly fine for you to share your own experience.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG @NYC Susan @occasionalrain @NickNack @tsavorite @Group 5 minus 1 @Jewell22 @Trudey @blueroses47 @on the bay @Yardlie @Blue Ocean @qualitygal @freakygirl @151949 @LizzieInSRQ @Kitlynn @Allegheny @chickenbutt @IMW @QVCfreak @ROMARY @Lilysmom @chrystaltree @missy2 @libbyannE @MsLomo @henderson @Q4u @KathyM23 @lucky charm @KathyPet @ID2 @Drythe @SisterGoldenHair @GCR18 @Newgate @homedecor1 @itiswhatitis @Daisy @Hoovermom @Vivian Florimend.... and any one I might have missed.

I had "the" conversation with my cleaning woman.  I was really nervous about it because I am not the least bit confrontational.  But it went much better than I ever could have anticipated.  I only got a few words out of my mouth when she told me that I absolutely should not be paying her daughter.  She was actually a bit upset with her daughter for taking the money.  She said she brings her daughter to several houses but I am the only one who pays her.  She said that it is her responsibility, not mine,  to pay her daughter for helping out.  She said that I am always so good to her and her family.  I told her I would continue to give the girl some money if she comes every couple of months but I cannot do it on a weekly basis.  She doesn't even want me to do that ...... but I will.  

Trusted Contributor

Boehm Collector, yay for you! you must be so relieved that's over with. and bless your generous heart 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

Boehm Collector, yay for you! you must be so relieved that's over with. and bless your generous heart 😊

Thanks @freakygirl.   These are good people .... so I want to be nice to them!!

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector   I am so glad it went well.  Thank you for getting back to us all.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector, thanks so much for letting us know! You (and all others here who gave you the advice to talk to her) were right! I'm glad that it all worked out!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@ECBG @NYC Susan @occasionalrain @NickNack @tsavorite @Group 5 minus 1 @Jewell22 @Trudey @blueroses47@on the bay @Yardlie@ @Blue Ocean @qualitygal @freakygirl @151949 @LizzieInSRQ @Kitlynn @Allegheny @chickenbutt@IMW @qvcfreak @ROMARY @Lilysmom @chrystaltree @missy2 @libbyannE @MsLomo @henderson @Q4u @KathyM23@Lucky Charm @KathyPet @ID2 @Drythe @SisterGoldenHair @GCR18 @Newgate @homedecor1 @itiswhatitis@ @Daisy @Hoovermom@ @Vivian Florimend.... and any one I might have missed.

I had "the" conversation with my cleaning woman.  I was really nervous about it because I am not the least bit confrontational.  But it went much better than I ever could have anticipated.  I only got a few words out of my mouth when she told me that I absolutely should not be paying her daughter.  She was actually a bit upset with her daughter for taking the money.  She said she brings her daughter to several houses but I am the only one who pays her.  She said that it is her responsibility, not mine,  to pay her daughter for helping out.  She said that I am always so good to her and her family.  I told her I would continue to give the girl some money if she comes every couple of months but I cannot do it on a weekly basis.  She doesn't even want me to do that ...... but I will.  

That is great news and glad it worked out!! Sometimes the things we think are going to be awful turn out to be alright and easier than we thought they would be.

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@ECBG @NYC Susan @occasionalrain @NickNack @tsavorite @Group 5 minus 1 @Jewell22 @Trudey @blueroses47@on the bay @Yardlie@ @Blue Ocean @qualitygal @freakygirl @151949 @LizzieInSRQ @Kitlynn @Allegheny @chickenbutt@IMW @qvcfreak @ROMARY @Lilysmom @chrystaltree @missy2 @libbyannE @MsLomo @henderson @Q4u @KathyM23@Lucky Charm @KathyPet @ID2 @Drythe @SisterGoldenHair @GCR18 @Newgate @homedecor1 @itiswhatitis@ @Daisy @Hoovermom@ @Vivian Florimend.... and any one I might have missed.

Thanks so much for letting us know!

I'm a big believer in honest communication, and I'm so glad you worked up the courage to speak to her directly about this.  It's great news that she responded so well.  Problem solved, relationship saved, and no one is nursing any kind of bad or awkward feelings.

Well done, @Boehm Collector  :-)

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector . Hi ... I think that you may be tagging me on posts but I'm not getting them. I just happened to read a really old post on Stevie's thread and I was tagged by you but I didn't receive any notification. I also sent emails. 

I hope everything is ok.

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector,

I totally agree with all of you. In my country we say that it is better to blush once than to be unhappy. The girl was imposed on you by her mother who in my opinion was taking advantage of your generosity. This is a no no situation. You have not created any precedent because there was not an official agreement to start with. This is unethical and unprofessional, you are obviously very kind and compassionate and they know that🌻