Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Visited Houses Where You Once Lived?

I still live in the same town where I was born and raised.  I will drive by my childhood home occasionally but I've never been inside.  From the outside, it appears about the same.  It's not in better shape but it's not in worse shape either.  I've googled the address thinking pictures of the interior might show up on Realtor or Zillow.com but I haven't found any.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, all the time. Inherited my parents home which we turned into a rental. Have to say, nothing has changed in the neighborhood. Most of the people that were there when I was a child are STILL there. It's kinda nice, to be honest. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

After my mom passed, my dad remarried and moved from our family house to his wife's home. He rented out the house for about 15 years. When he passed (saddest day of my life), I got the house. It had more or less been neglected by renters and needed a ton of work. The deal was my husband could take early retirement if he helped me get the house ready for sale. I was 62 at the time and have severe fibromyalgia, a painful condition I have dealt with since my early 20's. We spent the entire summer if 2019 sweating our butts off (think it was the hottest summer on record or close to it). Even with pain meds, I could barely walk or drive by the end of each day. Lots of crying. But LOTS of memories as we worked room after room. It was tough, but such a pleasant experience emotionally. It did look pretty darn good when we were done. Got multiple offers. A young girl bought it in Sept. 2019. She just sold it for $60k more than she paid. Good for her!! Looked at the pics and I could not see where she had made any changes to the house at all..not even paint. Ugh..timing is everything. But hubby is happily retired.