Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had The Feeling

@rms1954 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

May i ask you a question? Do you have depression?I have about others.

I've been in counseling different times.  Yes, I've been told that.  The last one I saw said that the minute I walked in the room he could feel it.  I've felt sad all my life but never thought of it as depression.  I had been on a couple medications but nothing really helped.  I feel there's no answer for me.

Know exactly what you mean, i always felt a little bit different,as a child, and people telling me  something is wrong with me ,not really excepted, i think i had this when i was a kid.It gets really hard,when love ones don't understand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 

Everyone I've ever known has had this thought, at least fleetingly, at some point in their life. Or else has actively avoided or repressed it. Pretty much the same thing.

The older my friends and I get, the more readily such thoughts and feelings arise. I believe this is seldom morbid or a cause for concern, but a simple acknowledgement that life will not continue indefinitely. We are mortal beings. It's part of how we process this fact. And people who are actually are close to death often become aware of it, in a rather matter-of-fact way. 

Of course, each of us is different. You may be preparing yourself, or you may just be "rehearsing," or it may even be something you are curious about. But unless you become obsessed or fearful enough that it interfere with your life, you probably don't need to take any action . 

Talking about it much to people close to you tends to create drama for them, and is seldom helplful.  What does seem to work is to look at it without fear, and then get on with your currrent life.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

May i ask you a question? Do you have depression?I have about others.

I've been in counseling different times.  Yes, I've been told that.  The last one I saw said that the minute I walked in the room he could feel it.  I've felt sad all my life but never thought of it as depression.  I had been on a couple medications but nothing really helped.  I feel there's no answer for me.

Feeling hopeless is one symptom of depression.  As is an inability to see a solution.  A much more acute sign would being attracted to suicide.

Since you already have a diagnosis, why not try to find find someone to talk with and a different medical answer?  The can certainty be a drug which will help.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 ....if you live alone, you might want to consider asking a friend or relative to check on you on a regular basis to make sure you are okay. Getting counseling is also a good idea if you can do so.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  Yes, I have had those feelings.  I think the secret is to have them but don't let them "nest". 

We are all going to die of something.  If covid doesn't get us something else will eventually.  The doctors tell me, according to statistics for what my heart problems are, it will be just a matter of time before I need more intervention. They say I will probably do ok for 5 yrs.(almost 3 yrs. have passed now) and shortly after that I will, more than likely, need more medical intervention. You know, that was really starting to work on my mind.  Then, I thought.....I could get hit by a car crossing the street tomorrow. I believe at the moment of death, I will pass from here to a place where there will be no more sickness, sorrow, or pain.  I realize there are those who belive differently and that is their choice, of course but I say this because, for me, I feel I have been given great hope and peace......not because of anything I did or didn't do but because of what God has done for me. 

Honored Contributor

The older I I get, I think about my demise more. With so many people dying off because of the virus, I tend to dwell on death even  more. 

Valued Contributor

I do think this pandemic is doing a number on my head.  I seem to be more weepy and have less enthusiasm for everything.  We always enjoyed travel with friends and with my husband and to be honest I really don't see myself traveling in the future.  Thankful that we have our health, but the future (at 81) not looking too bright.  Stay safe everyone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT wrote:

We are living through some very hard times.  There is certainly much to fear on so many levels.  It. Is a balancing act - we want to be informed, yet so much in the news makes us feel helpless.  Actually, when I feel depressed over so many issues going on in our country, I really feel angry.  I have read that “depression is anger with no place to go.”  For me, at least, in the current situation, I am very angry.

Ahhh, finally someone who gets it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi imtep. Intuition has a purpose. Reflect and consider - ask what you need to learn from your message. If it's fear, then there's no positive place for fear. Work through the fear. Peace replaces fear. Perhaps you're missing peace in your life. Only you know.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking it's more the end of time that's coming soon; which would mean it's the end of mine and everyone else's too.