Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had The Feeling

[ Edited ]

@rms1954  I feel for you. It's upsetting to have those thoughts and be in the midst of the worst 6 months I've encountered in my 7 decades. Sometimes my fears get debilitating. I wonder when will this all end. 

I think what keeps me going is what I've counted on anytime I've faced hard times...my faith and knowing it can't get "worse", so "better" must be around the corner. 

Please find someone to help you see that there is light coming and it's so worth being here to experience that joy. 

Honored Contributor

I will honestly say that I have, when there are times occasionally when I have multiple flare ups of medical issues and I just feel so unwell that these thoughts come in my head.  It is a frightening feeling, so I understand how you feel.  I try to get rid of this feeling as soon as possible and concentrate on something else, something positive and I pray --- a lot!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

We are living through some very hard times.  There is certainly much to fear on so many levels.  It. Is a balancing act - we want to be informed, yet so much in the news makes us feel helpless.  Actually, when I feel depressed over so many issues going on in our country, I really feel angry.  I have read that “depression is anger with no place to go.”  For me, at least, in the current situation, I am very angry.

Ahhh, finally someone who gets it.  

I agree with  this, depression and angry goes together, at least for me, lots of built up angry , i think it  really makes us more sick. Never ending circle.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Like your at the end of your time here?  I've been having this feeling like I am not going to be around very much longer.  

2020 has been a year of death.  It's what we've heard about constantly for months.

There have been so many unnecessary deaths from covid and so many other horrible things going on that sometimes I wonder the same thing.  I think it's normal.  It's been a very tough year.

I've even thought that it might be good that I'm as old as I am so I don't have to live through what's coming. People have become very greedy and selfish and it's leading to some horrendous issues that I think will significantly change the world as we know it.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

We are living through some very hard times.  There is certainly much to fear on so many levels.  It. Is a balancing act - we want to be informed, yet so much in the news makes us feel helpless.  Actually, when I feel depressed over so many issues going on in our country, I really feel angry.  I have read that “depression is anger with no place to go.”  For me, at least, in the current situation, I am very angry.

@PamfromCT - Yeah, another one here who is very angry. I have been very angry since March 10 and I get angrier by the day. I won't get into it here, but I know exactly what you are saying.

Trusted Contributor

I have had that feeling a few times this year even before the pandemic.  I had a major life change in 2018 and haven't felt like myself since.  I'm not depressed and have been handling life fairly well during these challenging months, but something's different.  I've decided that the Big Guy in the Sky still has plans for me and whatever that purpose is, I'm still here.  Try to stay hopeful.  I read once that those who survived life in the concentration camps were the people who maintained a sense of hope.  

Esteemed Contributor

I wish you all strength that are feeling sadness and anger.  I do feel it is natural considering what we have all been going through all these months.  You do have to wonder what is down the line at times.  I try not to get sad about it but like all of you these thoughts do prevail on some days.   I always remember though that there is still a lot of happiness around us, if we are healthy we are certainly blessed and there is always hope, always Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

I agree with  this, depression and angry goes together, at least for me, lots of built up angry , i think it  really makes us more sick. Never ending circle.

So all this anger I've stored away is killing me ... slowly ... and there's nothing for me to do but suffer.  I don't know what the point of living is then.  Living is suffering for me.  I'm worn out, beaten down.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

So all this anger I've stored away is killing me ... slowly ... and there's nothing for me to do but suffer.  I don't know what the point of living is then.  Living is suffering for me.  I'm worn out, beaten down.  

Not  at all,   you must have some one you love,and cares about you, what i am trying to say, is i think when we are so angry, it does hurt our health, i know angry, all to well,  i don't know what has happened in your life,  i can only know my life.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 , I am trying to help,  not intending to do the opposite.