Trusted Contributor

Has anything been mentioned on whether insurance companies are allowing larger...

...prescriptions or do we individually have to get in contact w/our insurance providers? I called the pharmacy this morning and the druggist must have been having a bad day because she's usually very kind. This morning when I asked the question, she said it depended on the insurance company. Apparently she was busy because she cut me off and that is nothing like her. I imagine it was the 6,948th time this morning she'd been asked the same question.

So, does anyone know? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anything been mentioned on whether insurance companies are allowing larger...

@wishmoon wrote:

...prescriptions or do we individually have to get in contact w/our insurance providers? I called the pharmacy this morning and the druggist must have been having a bad day because she's usually very kind. This morning when I asked the question, she said it depended on the insurance company. Apparently she was busy because she cut me off and that is nothing like her. I imagine it was the 6,948th time this morning she'd been asked the same question.

@wishmoon  Are you asking if medical insurance or Medicare will cover getting your prescriptions in advance?

Honored Contributor

Re: Has anything been mentioned on whether insurance companies are allowing larger...

@wishmoon   Call your insurance company & ask them.  Or better yet go to their website for info.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@wishmoon  Are you asking if medical insurance or Medicare will cover getting your prescriptions in advance?

Sorry, @Shanus, I meant Medicare.

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@wishmoon   Call your insurance company & ask them.  Or better yet go to their website for info.

Thank you, I will. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@wishmoon I don't know but my CVS did allow me to renew a prescription for a maintenance drug that wasn't really due yet.  I wanted to have as much as possible on hand so I wouldn't have to go back for a while.  And there was no prob with coverage from my plan. 

As others have mentioned, best to check about your particular plan. Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

I think as long as you have refills available they will fill them. Mail order will only do 3 months as usual.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

I was able to get a prescription early. My insurance site said they would fill them.