Respected Contributor

Has anyone here had a Tummy Tuck with NO stomach tightening?

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking the TT without the stomach tightening will be less painful and the recovery time will be shorter.

Basically, I'd just be getting the fat cut off.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone here had a Tummy Tuck with NO stomach tightening?

A very good friend's twin sister had a tummy tuck (don't know the details).

She was in crazy pain for awhile (expected, I'm told) but my friend says now that the swelling has gone down she looks great.

I think my friend is probably in her late 40's.  Her boyfriend paid for it.

Esteemed Contributor

My friend had a tummy tuck 2 years ago. After she went home the incision became infected & she started to hemorrhage.She had gone to a very well respected & highly recommended plastic surgeon. She suffered for quite a while. I would think twice before undergoing that kind of surgery.JMO

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

I'm thinking the TT without the stomach tightening will be less painful and the recovery time will be shorter.

Basically, I'd just be getting the fat cut off.

I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift. I was not overweight but no amount of exercise would give me a flat stomach.  If you are going to go through the trouble, pain and expense of a tummy tuck, (if needed) why would you not have your stomach muscles tightened? 

After surgery pain was intense for a few days but the results were well worth it. Seven years later my stomach is still flat and my breasts are still perky.  Also I went from a deep frowning belly button to a fashionable, shallow, vertical one.

Honored Contributor

Have you lost a significant amount of weight &

there’s a large amount of skin hanging?

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Have you lost a significant amount of weight &

there’s a large amount of skin hanging?

Yes.  I have what's called an "apron.".  I'm trying to AVOID as much pain as possible, so I thought I'd skip the stomach tightening (which I understand is painful for quite some time) and just have the apron cut off.  I figure it's just flab.  How painful can that be?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this on plasticsurgery.org. They had lots more info.  

It’s a large incision...so the risk of infection is still high.

8926A3C3-D3F8-4BFF-9C6D-8D2CBE6E86CF.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I had it done 4 or 5 years ago. I had twins (weighed 7lbs 10 oz and 6 lbs 11oz) and I am only 5 foot 3 i nches. I was huge. That was 28 years ago at the time. I had the ever elusive apron from that. I hated it for years. My insurance covered the surgery because hard to get clothes to fit right. The Dr told me that when the fat is cut off, if you gain weight, it will have  no where to go except upper part of your stomach. I never paid attention. I just wanted  the skin gone. I never had any problems and 12 lbs of apron were removed. Fast forward thru these last five years. I have gained weight and now the weight seems to settle below my breast area which has never been a problem for me before. So when I am full, it feels like I am full at the top of my belly instead of the bottom and it gives me chest pressure up high now. The bottom part was fairly flat or as flat as they could get it but since I have gained some weight, I am noticing that the loose skin appears to be coming back down low, on top of feeling full up high. This has been my experience and I am tellilng the whole truth about how the surgery has affected me. The good news is I can buy clothes that fit better from the waist down and I do like that. My drawback to this is the fact that any extra weight now goes above the belly button and I have gotten thick around there and something I have never had in my life before. It just my chest feel very uncomfortable. I would speak with your surgeon and ask them about this and then go from there. I hope this helps.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I would speak with your surgeon and ask them about this and then go from there. I hope this helps.

Beckyblu

That's pretty much what has happened to me.  I've had my WHOLE BODY sculpted except my arms & stomach, so, there  was nowhere else for the fat to go.

Sigh .....

Woman Frustrated

Valued Contributor

I had lost weight from bariatric surgery.  I had many complications from that surgery but 2 years later I had the tummy tuck.  Even though I had good insurance I had to pay for both surgeries.  I had huge complications from the tummy tuck and I mean huge.  They nicked my bowel, massive infection, was in the hospital for a month and then another 6 weeks at home with a daily nurse and and an IV tube for nutrition.  I had nothing to eat for 10 weeks.  I have no feeling left in my hip and pelvic area.  A total disaster.  And like another poster said, if you gain weight, which I did, it is all under my bra area and through my middle.  2 years ago I had to have another plastic surgeon and a colon-rectal surgeon open me up to remove all the adhesions.  These surgeries were all preformed at  well known hospitals by board certified doctors.  A beautiful woman I knew had all the same surgeries, bariatric and tummy tuck, and her outcome was even worse.  Her massive infection caused amputation of fingers and toes and led to her untimely death.  I know I'm painting a really ugly picture here, but it is all the truth.  Please check out tummy tucks as much as possible.  I'm happy for the people who have had good results.