Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever heard of the shopping channel called shop LC.

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

IMO Dan Dennis is an arrogant old has-been.   He has worked for every shopping channel... twice,  I think.   He seems to have trouble getting along with people,  probably primarily his bosses.   He has been treated very kindly by LC's Shawn Wilsie,  formerly of Evine.   Karen Connley of Evine,  Skip Connley's ex is also on LC. 

Overall LC has the worst hosts in TV shipping  I tuned in late one night recently to view two women straight from Hee Haw.  They were a hot mess! 

OMG, the Girlfriend Friday shows are scream-inducing to me, as in "are you serious?" I can't bear to watch more than 2-3 minutes. AFAIC, those two ladies personae sum up my feelings for the entire channel. Definitely the Hee Haw of shopping channels. I purchased one item about 18 months ago. It was worth what I paid for it (not much) and looks exactly like what it's worth. I've never even wanted to wear it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Wrong channel @Moonchilde.   You're thinking of Jewelry TV.   The discussion is about the Liquidation Channel which is even worse.   The LC has been around for a good while but just changed its name on Jan. 1.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wrong channel @Moonchilde.   You're thinking of Jewelry TV.   The discussion is about the Liquidation Channel which is even worse.   The LC has been around for a good while but just changed its name on Jan. 1.

That shows you how much I watch, or buy from, either channel, lol!  I did buy the ring from LC. I find the hosts from both channels leave much to be desired, let's say. I think JTV is marginally better than LC but haven't bought from them.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I know of that station. I too saw that same  gentleman selling jewelry.  He use to be a gem expert on his old station

Esteemed Contributor

I've been with HSN for over 20 years and loved watching Dan Dennis selling jewelry. I've actually talked to him a handful of times while he was there and wanted testimonials. I was saddened that he left and did keep up with him for a while when he had his own website. Don't know if he still does or not.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I've been with HSN for over 20 years and loved watching Dan Dennis selling jewelry. I've actually talked to him a handful of times while he was there and wanted testimonials. I was saddened that he left and did keep up with him for a while when he had his own website. Don't know if he still does or not.

I love watching him on Friday when it's under 10.00 day and he's on with Shawn Wilsie.  They make quite a pair.  Very entertaining and lively.  I have bought from them an African Lilac Quartz ring and two bracelets at a bargain price.  I only watch now on Fridays for those under 10.00 deals.

Honored Contributor

I have watched the LC channel for a few minutes here & there. I have never purchased from them.

Dan Dennis is on that station. I too saw him. I was not crazy bout him on HSN. He always seemed very high snooty type of person.

I thought he left HSN because he got sick as in stroke and was pretty much forced off HSN.  Colleen is the only seller that is still with HSN. there was another gal she had long hair and had a nerveous laugh that got on my nerves can't remember her name but i believe she is still there. when she first began at hsn, she got her job thru a really good girlfriend who was a long time seller on HSN. if i remember correctly the girlfriend was let go for some reason and this other gal stayed.

Honored Contributor

Heavens yes, Dan is sort of pathetic.  He's worked for just about every shopping channel.... twice.  I think he has a problem getting along with people, specifically his bosses since he wants everyone to know how knowledgable he is.   He can be obnoxious.   That channel also has Shawn Wilsie who I liked from Evine. Shawn has been very kind to Dan which is probably why he's still there. 

Their jewelry looks junky.  Never bought anything. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

That's Dan Dennis.  ShopLC used to be called The Liqudation Channel.  I bought some jewelry from them and bunch of jewelry boxes when I organized my hoard of jewelry.  I was happy with my purchases.  Shawn Wilsie from the old Snbc is also a host there.

Honored Contributor

You have to have some basic jewelry knowledge to shop this channel, but you can get some bargains with patience.  Pay attention to the total carat weight to get an idea of size of the stones.  New HD TV's make everything look huge, which is a problem with all channels.  No, you aren't going to get a $40,000 stone for ten dollars, but I'm amazed they can offer sterling silver for ten or twenty dollars.  And you will find some hideous color combinations, just ignore them.  I think Dan has mellowed into a very nice host who seems to get along with everyone.  You will also notice a lot of just plain buffoonery from these hosts.  Some people like it and some are turned off.