Regular Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever heard of the shopping channel called shop LC.

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

IMO Dan Dennis is an arrogant old has-been.   He has worked for every shopping channel... twice,  I think.   He seems to have trouble getting along with people,  probably primarily his bosses.   He has been treated very kindly by LC's Shawn Wilsie,  formerly of Evine.   Karen Connley of Evine,  Skip Connley's ex is also on LC. 

Overall LC has the worst hosts in TV shipping  I tuned in late one night recently to view two women straight from Hee Haw.  They were a hot mess! 

OMG, the Girlfriend Friday shows are scream-inducing to me, as in "are you serious?" I can't bear to watch more than 2-3 minutes. AFAIC, those two ladies personae sum up my feelings for the entire channel. Definitely the Hee Haw of shopping channels. I purchased one item about 18 months ago. It was worth what I paid for it (not much) and looks exactly like what it's worth. I've never even wanted to wear it.

You people are confusing ShopLC with Jtv...lol  The Hee Haw fold and the Girlfriend Friday show are on Jtv, not ShopLC.  ShopLC is a little "rough" around the edges but it isn't the Beverly Hillbillies of the industry....that's Jtv.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

IMO Dan Dennis is an arrogant old has-been.   He has worked for every shopping channel... twice,  I think.   He seems to have trouble getting along with people,  probably primarily his bosses.   He has been treated very kindly by LC's Shawn Wilsie,  formerly of Evine.   Karen Connley of Evine,  Skip Connley's ex is also on LC. 

Overall LC has the worst hosts in TV shipping  I tuned in late one night recently to view two women straight from Hee Haw.  They were a hot mess! 

@Kachina624  ITA with everything you wrote.  Dan Dennis is and has always been in my opinion the worst  host EVER!   Almost comical..... I remember when he was on HSN years ago he would always say

"THE PHONE LINES ARE CLOGGED". I always thought of clogged toilets!  He is just so odd looking with his cheap hair piece and his cheap suits....

Dan Dennis worked at CVN with MaryBeth and  DanW as well as Colleen at  HSN.

He worked at HSN for years and I believe helped Colleen when she first  arrived at HSN

some years ago.  He became ill and HSN apparently no longer needed his services.

I believe he is a very sad person.  I cannot address his personality but he started out with champions and this is where he landed.

Honored Contributor

Not seen him in years, but I always enjoyed him on HSN, he spoke so beautifully of his wife and step kids all the time. Very knowledgeable in gems, he wrote a book, and was Paul Deasy's mentor in the jewelry world on HSN. He did become ill, suffering from blod clots, and was off the air for a long time. HSN did let him go, he left FL and has tried to make a go of it elsewhere. I think for a while he was or is living in the Austin, TX area. Let's not kick a man when he is down.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have made several outstanding purchases from LC....you do need to be informed about jewelry. Picked up a Sterling silver pave set black spinel bangle in a tiny size 6.5 for 70.00. It is heavy and gorgeous....fit is perfect for me
JTV usually has these for over 100.00 and never in a small size. Also got a 3 strand black spinel necklace from LC...14.00 amazing deal..
On air as a TLV around Xmas time...it is all faceted beads...sparkles like crazy!

You gotta look for the bargains and avoid all the junk they carry

Respected Contributor

Spinel auto correct got me lol