Super Contributor

Has anyone ever had any experiences with Shannondell

It is a 55 plus community located near King of Prussia (outside Phill).   Thanks

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever had any experiences with Shannondell

My best friend lives there...her opinion is that she wishes she had stayed in her home in Fishtown, she thinks the "community" is stale in her words.

I thought it was lovely but far overpriced.

Honored Contributor

I was curious and checked the website.  I see it is a continuing care community.  Husband and I have some experience with these types of communities.  If you're a social type and like to join activities, it may be for you.  They are expensive.  

Personally, I prefer to stay in my own home and if I need help there are plenty of agencies around that can provide assistance.

Respected Contributor

I know several people who live there and they seem to like it.  It is a continuing care community not a 55+.  It is very expensive but a lot of people live there.  I've been there and the place is really nice.  A lot to do.

Honored Contributor

@gellen,  I don't know about the community you mention other than looking online, but it looks like they offer beneficial service and care.  It's good to see you posting.   I continue to think about you, your previous threads, and hope you're doing better.  Please take good and gentle care, and remember you have friends here.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

@dooBdoo   Just in case no one has told you yet today---you rock dooBdoo. Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@dooBdoo   Just in case no one has told you yet today---you rock dooBdoo. Heart

@SunSprite 

Thank you, my friend.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I a continuing care facility the same as assisted living?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3   No, they are 2 different facilities.  In a continue care facility there will be independent living, assisted care and nursing home.  The idea is if you need care, it will be available to you at a "reduced" cost.  That "cost" however will be reflected in the entry fee and/or monthly fee.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@suzyQ3   No, they are 2 different facilities.  In a continue care facility there will be independent living, assisted care and nursing home.  The idea is if you need care, it will be available to you at a "reduced" cost.  That "cost" however will be reflected in the entry fee and/or monthly fee.

@kaydee50, thank you. So it doesn't sound like it's where one would go if looking for just a 55+ community; right?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland