Trusted Contributor

Has anyone attended a Murder Mystery Dinner?

I have a chance to attend one next month, but since I have never been to one, I am not sure if I would like it or not. So I am wondering about your experiences with it.

Contributor

Re: Has anyone attended a Murder Mystery Dinner?

I went to one years ago and it was alot of fun! It was like dinner theater with audience participation...we had a blast! We dressed up for the era (1920s), the story was fun, the acting was great and the dinner was delicious ;-)

The "suspects" came around to all of the tables and talked to us about the crime..trying to blame the others. So much fun, something different and memorable. I say go and have fun!

~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I have a chance to attend one next month, but since I have never been to one, I am not sure if I would like it or not. So I am wondering about your experiences with it.

I went to a mystery lunch a few years ago. It was great fun.

Honored Contributor

I had the same experience. Went with a group of friends. Had a good time. It was lots of fun and the "actors" really got the crowd involved.

Also, helped that I went with with a fun group of people and the food was good too. Well worth it.

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee, oh my yes GO. It's fun to experience and you'll probably get hooked.

Respected Contributor

There is one here that is on a train with dining cars. DH and I went a couple years ago. It was fun and the food and service was fine.

Honored Contributor

I did not know they still had those.  I attened one way way back when I was a young career girl.  Before I was even married, like 35 years ago.  I remember it was fun, we dressed like it was in the 30's or maybe 40's.  Around that time, I also attended a sort of King Arthur's Faire type of dinner.  That was fun too.  Tanks of ale and wine, jugglers, musicians.  Stuff like that. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have been to several, we even attended a Murder Mystery overnight on New Years Eve, its a fun way to spend some time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

go ,you will have a wonderful time.I went to one so many yrs ago I cannot remember  the mystery . But iI do remember the fun I had.

Trusted Contributor

I was invited to one next month, too.  The Alumni Association of my college is sponsoring it. I would really like to go but may be in AZ at the time. You should go to yours. I'll bet it would be fun.