Honored Contributor

Has Anyone Sold Items To Replacements (China, Dish, Glassware, and Collectibles)

I have some glassware to go with brand dishes as well as hand painted Christmas "china".

How was your experience with Replacements please?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Sold Items To Replacements (China, Dish, Glassware, and Collectibles)

[ Edited ]

I haven't but one of my neighbors sold Waterford Crystal toasting flutes to them and she said they gave her less than $2 per flute. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Sold Items To Replacements (China, Dish, Glassware, and Collectibles)

I sold some Lenox Christmas china to Replacements in 2018. Last year, they would no longer accept dinner plates in that pattern. Hit or miss- possibly worth a try. 
For me, the china I sold was purchased at a thrift store, so I definitely made $ on the sale.

Respected Contributor

I've bought from them, but never sold to them. I found reviews last year from people who had sold to Replacements. Most people said they got very  little money for their silverware.

I wanted to sell my silver flatware to them. But after reading the reviews, I decided to keep my set.

Super Contributor

I haven't sold to them but was going  to until I discovered it would cost me more to send my china than the money I would realize from it.  It was my mothers' china but my children were not interested in having it so sadly I just donated it as somone may enjoy it.

Respected Contributor

I'd heard years ago they pay very little (not to mention the shipping as @desertrat8 said.)

I was all ready to donate a bunch of stuff (sitting on my breakfest nook table right now) to a local Hospice thrift store, and then Covid-19 struck.  Woman Sad

Denise
Regular Contributor

I sold some of my pieces of vintage Limoges china circa 1900 to them back in the early 2000's. I didn't sell any serving pieces, what they offered me on my pieces was very good and by just selling the dinner plates, salad plates, bowls, etc. I made more than what I had paid for the whole set with serving pieces. Postage wasn't as high then as it is now, so I imagine that would take a big chunk out of any money you would make selling to them. 

Respected Contributor

Cost of postage and inertia is holding me back. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Several years ago I sold an 8 place setting of Lenox china.  I had no problems with them.  However, they did not accept dinner plates.  Got the most money for the serving pieces, e.g, large platter, sugar and creamer, salt and pepper.  You will not get anywhere near the price they sell the item for but I was happy with what I got.  

Respected Contributor

Cost of shipping is the big thing.  China and crystal is heavy and fragile. Not only to ship to them, but for them to ship back out.  They would not make much unless a real collectors item. 

I went to Replacements in Greensboro, NC and bought extra china to go with my set. I suspect demand is not high now.