Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Had This Happen To Them With A Credit Card?

@riley1 wrote:

A paper bill? I have never gotten a paper bill from PP. 

@riley1 , I believe the OP is posting about the PP credit card, not just a regular PP account. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get emails all the time telling me about transactions I never did with banks and businesses I don't do business with.  This is called phishing.  I just ignore the emails.  

The emails are fraudulent.  I don't need to take any steps to resolve the issue, because there is no issue.

When one clicks on, or replies to, the email, or calls the phone number in the email, one provides the scammer with personal information, which is the opposite of what you want to do.  

I can tell these emails are not from the business they purport to be by looking at the senders' email address.  But never do this by clicking on the email, I check the address just by looking at the sender's email address, which my email app allows me to do.  If you click on the email, or call a phone number on the email, or reply to the email, the scammer will know they have reached a person and may try to defraud you.  As long as you don't click or reply on the email, or call a phone number on the email, you should be safe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why the heck wwould you write them a letter that no one is going to get around to reading for a month?  You don't write letters for things like this; you call the customer service line or you send an email to customer service.  

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama   this is a scam..do not reply, do not call,PayPal, simply ignore it. I get emails, texts about large amounts on PP and Amazon and just ignore things.,

Scammes are after folks who react to these. Never call or reply to the emails or texts.

(((hugs)))

Respected Contributor

FYI..PayPal only works electronically. No paper bills 

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

FYI..PayPal only works electronically. No paper bills 

@sydsgma1   She has a PayPal credit card that's just like any other credit card.  She gets a paper bill.  It wasn't an email.  The way she worded it was confusing, but she's not talking about using PayPal to pay for something.  It's an actual credit card.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack @Thanks for the clarification ..I forgot they offer a credit card.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry, you wrote them a letter?

Pick up the phone and give them a call ASAP.

To be clear. Do not call a customer service number in the e-mail. Call Paypal customer service number that is usually on your bill to make sure you are actually speaking with them and not a scam artist. 

Respected Contributor

I called the number on the back  of the Paypal credit card and they took all of the charges that I din't make got rid of that card and I declined another card. I called 2 days later to make sure those charges were gone and they were. I also filed Fraud charges on the 2 on this bill and the CS said there were 2 more charges that were made and those were taken off also. All of the charges were made to Toyota in huge amounts of money. CS was very helpful and gave me no problem at all.

Respected Contributor

@sydsgma1 wrote:

@cuddlesmama   this is a scam..do not reply, do not call,PayPal, simply ignore it. I get emails, texts about large amounts on PP and Amazon and just ignore things.,

Scammes are after folks who react to these. Never call or reply to the emails or texts.

(((hugs)))

I never reply to emails from Paypal or Amazon ever!!