Honored Contributor

Re: Has Angel had dental surgery?

@bobby5 wrote:
Yes she said she bit her tongue...and ouch that really hurts...but why didn't they have Patrick fill in? Or if he wasn't available, just have Gabrielle do the show by herself. It was just very weird.

@bobby5 

patrick is currently on vacation in portugal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Angel has been through a lot recently.  She bit her tongue and acknowledged the fact.  A little compassion could go a long way.

Hoping Angel feels better soon.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to sound uncompassionate. I just couldn't believe Angel had to slur her way through a two hour show. It sounded like she was in so much pain. But knowing Angel, it was probably her choice to do the show. She seems like a very strong woman with the attitude of "the show must go on." I felt bad for her & hope she feels better soon.
Respected Contributor

Angel's a real trooper!

Frequent Contributor

@grandma r....I totally agree with you.....whether Angel had dental surgery or bit her tongue is unimportant. What matters is that she recently lost her father and is mourning her loss. I don't care if she sounds strange....I care that she has suffered a tragic loss and is trying to carry on. I hope Patrick returns soon and she turns the shows over to him  and can take some much needed time with her family to heal.  I will mias her and hold her in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Bless her heart, I missed where she had bit her tongue, I know how that hurts from personal experience!  I was just shocked on how soon she was back on air after her father's sudden death!  QVC has had Quacker Factory in their inventory for many, many years, looks like a seasoned host could have done these shows without April, how disrespectful QVC!

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@bobby5 wrote:
Yes she said she bit her tongue...and ouch that really hurts...but why didn't they have Patrick fill in? Or if he wasn't available, just have Gabrielle do the show by herself. It was just very weird.

@bobby5 I was thinking the same thing! It's extremely sad when a parent passes away, and even more so for Angel with the tragic nature of her father's recent passing. It would be nice if Angel could take some time off and Patrick could do some shows with the knowledgeable QVC fashion hosts like the lovely Gabrielle. Then we would look forward to Angel's return in time.

I think some people would rather work through tragedy than take time off....look at Anderson Cooper. He may only have missed One or two days off the job after his Mother passed away. Perhaps Angel like Anderson finds working helps healing....keeping busy.

Respected Contributor

@EdithEllenLily , I agree she should have some time to grieve. Then again some people  @bobby find they want to go back to work. I just pray that a caller doesn't say that about her Dad's passing and she looses it. When my Mom died It was nice people cared but I would avoid anyone that knew, because when they would bring it up I would just loose it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes it certainly takes time. Everybody is different and dealing

with loss and health issues is overwhelming.  Angel

is always so nice and happy. 

I wish her better days ahead. 

Honored Contributor

Please stop with the she "should have" and being judgemental.  She obviously did what she wanted.  I doubt QVC "made" her work after her dads death or when she bit her tongue.

Do not judge lest ye be judged.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)