Trusted Contributor

Has Angel had dental surgery?

I tuned in to Quacker Factory late.  I was wondering if Angel mentioned why she is sounding weird. They are not showing a close up of her face, but it sounds as if she had novocaine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Angel had dental surgery?

angel mentioned that she had bit her tongue.....literally.....and that it was quite swollen.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee. Her father just died unexpectedly.   I noticed jer speech plus she was very subdued.  I wondered if it was from swelling due to crying.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  I am watching Q2 with Angel. She sounds like her jaw has been wired shut. Mostly she keeps say um um over and over.  Oh the host just said at the end of the show Angel you made it through. Angel said I'll try not to bite my tongue. I have had Novocain before but it never affected my ability to talk.  It was. weird listening to her. 

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

angel mentioned that she had bit her tongue.....literally.....and that it was quite swollen.

Oh no. That's very painful.

Valued Contributor

No, she mentioned throughout the show she had bit her tongue and it was healing, therefore, she wouldn't be speaking much and had Gabrielle do most of the presenting.

Trusted Contributor

Yes she said she bit her tongue...and ouch that really hurts...but why didn't they have Patrick fill in? Or if he wasn't available, just have Gabrielle do the show by herself. It was just very weird.
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@geegerbee. Her father just died unexpectedly.   I noticed jer speech plus she was very subdued.  I wondered if it was from swelling due to crying.

@Kachina624 .... at the start of the show she mentioned that she bit her tongue very badly over the weekend & it was effecting her speech. 

Honored Contributor

OMG why do people keep answering the same question over and over again.  Do they not read the other responses before posting/???

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
Yes she said she bit her tongue...and ouch that really hurts...but why didn't they have Patrick fill in? Or if he wasn't available, just have Gabrielle do the show by herself. It was just very weird.

@bobby5 I was thinking the same thing! It's extremely sad when a parent passes away, and even more so for Angel with the tragic nature of her father's recent passing. It would be nice if Angel could take some time off and Patrick could do some shows with the knowledgeable QVC fashion hosts like the lovely Gabrielle. Then we would look forward to Angel's return in time.