Honored Contributor

Re: Harvest Time at the Back Fence - November 2016

You got a nice keyboard at a ridiculous price @Winifred

Maybe you shoulda bought a spare, lol?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm from the old school and don't know if this post will be allowed to stay. When a prayer has been answered, in the old day we published an ad in the classifieds acknowledging the blessing.

My SIL came home on Sunday. She went to see the surgeon/urologist today because she said she was not going to make it until the 17th, lol.

He removed the staples - she had it laparopscopically done.  He said the tumor was inside the kidney and the kidney was more or less failing.  He said they are not sure what it is, but they know without a doubt it was NOT cancer.

I want to thank you for praying for her and want to thank the most High and Raphael for the miracle.

I was calm on the phone for 3 weeks, today I busted out crying :-)

Respected Contributor

Very good news Bernie - so glad to hear that!!!! Actually was NOT going to get the protection warranty as the price was so little to begin with but the sales person said, in two years, spill some water on it and you will get a new keyboard. LOL. Good thinking By the way it is working fine although it seems on occasion to be a tad slow - but then that could be my PC -  it is OLD!!! And I do hit keys I do NOT want to hit and that sure throws things off.

Hot again today - and I mean hot - winds still blowing however. Right now it is COLD outside - Sou Cal weather is always fascinating to me even tho I have lived here since 1960 - a LONG time.

Sleep well one and all.

Respected Contributor

Goodness no one came to visit here yesterday - not even me. Must be slipping. Do have some of those great bagels again and will leave some. Perhaps that will encourage someone to stop by.

Yesterday was really windy - still - but  temps were very good. Today? Not sure but it will not be cold. It is cold right now, however - have my trusty old slanket over me. Brrr. That will change.

Finally going to get a perm today. Whew - am months behind schedule and my hair which has become quite pathetic, really is bad now. Just never thought about losing hair as I aged - but I sure have.

Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

Oh wow, I missed this thread yesterday?  It was a hectic day at work.  

I got a call from the doctor's office- cholesterol creeped up again.  Back to the drawing board for me - I'm not taking a statin, lol.

It's just aggravating, grrr.

Respected Contributor

Bernie I never had cholesterol problems until about 10 years ago. I also said, NO STATINS - well it did not work so I now have to take a pill. Cannot stand it but I do. I also skip one from time to time and my MD said OK, and so my numbers stay in good order even without a pill from time to time. Weird how our bodies work - and also change as we age. I will add my Grrr!!

Where or where are  our Fence visitors? People staying away and that is sad. I miss the chatter we use to see here and when I say that I mean I miss the people. Stop by - you are missed. And if you have not visited here, would love to see you here also.

Have a great Sunday. By the way, this new keyboard is driving me insane still - way too many typos and other weird things. It seems a bit sluggish and at times also jumpy. LOL. I should be able to understand that.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Epi had a procedure on Wednesday so she is probably recuperating from that.

If your keyboard is wireless that could be why there is a lag.  The computer I post on is a desk top with a wired keyboard.  I bought an HP tablet from HSN, gosh, when was that - a year ago?  You can touchscreen type on the screen or use the WIFI keyboard thing that came with it.  I use the keyboard and there is always some kind of delay and types when I use it.  

I bought the tablet cuz Presto, my youngest has a 30 inch flight cage in my office that she sleeps in.  It gets dark in the fall and she is used to going to bed at a certain time.  I don't cover any of my birds - heck they are accustomed to 7W night lights all over the house.  I couldn't see turning on this monitor when she was trying to get some sleep so I bought a tablet to use downstairs away from the birds.

You can tell when I am on the tablet - usually post time is in the evening and it looks like I edited umpteen times or missed the typos altogether and it looks like I'm speaking broken English.  

I like my corded keyboard better.

Any news from Queen Sue?

Honored Contributor

Sunday movie review :-)

I went to see Hacksaw Ridge this morning.

"The true story of Pfc. Desmond T. Doss (Andrew Garfield), who won the Congressional Medal of Honor despite refusing to bear arms during WWII on religious grounds. Doss was drafted and ostracized by fellow soldiers for his pacifist stance but went on to earn respect and adoration for his bravery, selflessness and compassion after he risked his life -- without firing a shot -- to save 75 men in the Battle of Okinawa."

I cannot begin to articulate how moved I am by this story.  I recommend this movie.  Little if any cuss words, no real nudity to speak of - violence, yes as it is based during war time.  

The casting was perfect, the pace was perfect and at one point in the film my sister was sobbing and I was crying - just so very moving.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I worked on my leaves in the front yard yesterday.  I think I might have to do it one more time before the holidays.  My tree is done - the neighbors don't appear to be raking their leaves at this time so I am sure some of theirs will blow back on the my grass.  I expect as much, it doesn't bother me.

I'll tackle the backyard this coming weekend.  The leaves on the walnut tree are small and pretty much dried up on the grass now.  Waiting for the mulberry to drop his (doesn't fruit/nut or whatever so I think I have a male mulberry tree).  Who knew they had a gender?  Learn something all the time :-)

I'll probably need to do the back twice and it will be done.

Here's some fruit salad - good for us with lipid issues.  If you are wrestling with sugar issues, I'll see what I can find for you :-)

Image result for fruit salad

Here's a diabetic friendly pasta salad

Image result for salads for diabetics
Respected Contributor

No raking leaves here Bernie - Usually this time of year and perhaps a couple weeks later we have tons of those things. With the drought the leaves are more and more scarce. Several reasons all pertaining to no or very little water. Saddest thing is losing some of these gorgeous big trees. Breaks your heart. Will still have some to rake up a bit later however.

Very COLD this morning and tomorrow it is suppose to be almost freezing - literally. Geesh. Still got up into the 80s yesterday and it may make it again today but tomorrow may not even break 70. Ahhh, this goofy Sou Cal weather.

Hope one and all have a great day - leaving some hot coffee - tastes especially good this morning.